Retained puppy tooth

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

danabanana

Retained puppy tooth

Post by danabanana »

Teagan (11mo beagle *****) I think has retained a puppy tooth. It's at the front of her mouth and the new tooth looks like it has grown normally, the little tooth has kind of been pushed up and forwards.

She is eating and drinking normally, and it doesn't appear to be causing her any pain - I have made a vets appointment I'm assuming it will need to be pulled out? It's not wobbly or anything so not sure if it would come out by itself now or not. Is there anything I could have done to prevent this? I feel bad for her, she always has plenty of bones and chews, the rest of her teeth seem to have come through fine - nice and straight too!
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Quite common, nothing you have done or not done, and the vet can whip it out easily as it doesn't have much in the way of root. :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
danabanana

Post by danabanana »

aw that's good, thanks Nettle

I have another question for you btw, about my housemates' staffy - really need to get pics up to show you though so will have to wait as I don't have my cable with me atm...
Bilclarie

Post by Bilclarie »

Cheaper option is to play tug with a tea towel etc baby teeth have no roots so it should if you play hard enough just pop out.
Bilclarie Dobermann's
If it's not a Dobermann it's just a dog
www.bilclarie.com
[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p244/bilclarie/untitled.jpg[/img]
danabanana

Post by danabanana »

Bilclarie wrote:Cheaper option is to play tug with a tea towel etc baby teeth have no roots so it should if you play hard enough just pop out.
It doesn't seem to be wobbly or anything...

Vet appointment is Friday will play lots of tug between now and then just in case!