Which dog (Gender) should I pick?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Mark A. Braithwaite

Which dog (Gender) should I pick?

Post by Mark A. Braithwaite »

I am thinking about to get my first dog. I did not adopt any dog before. So please somebody help me out to pick the right dog. Which sex and breed will be the best?
Nettle

Re: Which dog (Gender) should I pick?

Post by Nettle »

Tell us about your lifestyle, your expectations from your dog, anything you really don't want to have to cope with, anything you especially love.

For instance, how much time do you have to spend with your dog, how do you intend to exercise him/her, if you can't stand drooling or you don't want to commit to coat care, if you have near neighbours who won't tolerate barking, if you love to see a shaggy coat. Lots more, but that is a start.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
bryanwalker

Re: Which dog (Gender) should I pick?

Post by bryanwalker »

The answer to this question may differ depending on the person that is being asked. Some people actually believe that one sex is better than the other sex.

The battle of the sexes is not limited to humans after all. Some believe that the male dog is more affectionate and easier to train, while the female dog is more aggressive and protective of its owners and puppies. Well, the truth is that when it comes to dogs and puppies there is no superior sex. The qualities cited above are just the anecdotal observations of many dog owners. There is no study that has proved any general truism that a dog will behave a certain way because it is male or female.