Husky doesn't want a walk: video

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JudyN

Husky doesn't want a walk: video

Post by JudyN »

I'm not sure if you have to be on Facebook to see this video: https://www.facebook.com/DailyAnimalCut ... 073865894/ The Youtube version seems to have a cat superimposed, but should work if the first link doesn't.

Does this husky really not want a walk? Or is he thinking 'Sure, stop talking and just get on with getting ready, I'll get out the bath when you're actually ready to go': which is what he seems to do at the end.

Jasper can do a similar thing where he'll lie on his side whining at walkies time but won't bother shifting till I'm practically out the door. Come to think of it my mum's the same, but in her case, when I'm half out the door she decides it's now time to comb her hair, find her socks, change her trousers, sort out her bag, decide what shoes/jumper/coat to wear.... :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Re: Husky doesn't want a walk: video

Post by Nettle »

Could well be as you say - or could be it's a hot day and the bathtub is nice and cool.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Erica

Post by Erica »

My theory: bathrooms are small, the human stands right next to the tub talking (and blocking husky's exit), husky talks back (as huskies often do). When the human moves away from the tub to the door, he gets up. Maybe he just wanted a bit of room to get out?

Reminds me of how Ami sometimes won't get up until I pick up a leash. Maybe he's been moved from the bathtub by false walkies promises too many times to believe it fully?
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Ah, those are VERY good points, Erica.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Good thinking - sometimes Jasper won't get out the car till I pick his lead up, and sometimes still won't move until I step back and out of his way.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009