HOW DO YOUR DOGS SHOW THEY LOVE YOU?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

meadowusa

HOW DO YOUR DOGS SHOW THEY LOVE YOU?

Post by meadowusa »

My dog is two years old and when we sit on the sofa he likes to rest by our feet if we get up he gets up or he lies on the top of the sofa behind us by our shoulder and he has to rest a paw on us. When we scratch his head he closes his eyes and sometimes snores. He likes to play with his toys at our feet. In the car when he is resting he places hi paw or rest his head on our arm. If we are in the bedroom he sits and looks at us until we say come. When we come home from work he howls really cute. The other day I was crying and he tilted his cute face and would not leave my side. I think he was worried. My dog is a salt & pepper Miniature Schnauzer.
MaiasMom

Post by MaiasMom »

Oh yes, your dog loves you. This breed loves to love. I had one for 17 years and had to let him go a year ago. This breed like so many others are devoted to their human, will protect and defend, want to be with you all the time.

It is most important to socialize with lots of other people, especially children and other dogs.

They understand more than most people think they do. I truly believe they can see an aura. My Maia can see an aura 2 blocks away, she will see someone coming down the street and watch them as they pass me and watch them until she feels they are a safe distance. Or she will see someone come toward me and give them no attention at all.

She knows things, she knows when I am sad and will be constantly with me. Other times she goes off into the house or yard. The boys, not so much. Food and the ball, Food and the ball, but my girl Maia, she will watch my diabled granddaughter, alert when the baby wakes up, keep the boys away from the baby.

My kids are Standard Schnauzer's and share many of the same qualities and the mini's. Yes, your dog does love you and anyone who says a dog does not love knows nothing about dogs.

MaiasMom
The best days are spent with my dogs.
i_are_chanel

Post by i_are_chanel »

Lexi is a very loving girl (not to mention her seperation anxiety). She loves to be hear me...Even when I go to the bathroom she likes ot sit and wait for me to get done. When I am upset or crying, she will get near me and kiss my face...usually where the tears are. She kisses me a lot. And she likes to put her paw on me. She 'pets' me as well. She started doing this when she was very young.....We pet her, so I think she felt it only appropriate that she do the same. :D It's very cute. She also use to try to pet Charlie when we first got him (which usually resulted in her doing it to hard, because he is a smaller breed, but she learned quickly how soft to do it). Lexi also loves to lay at my feet. And when her and Charlie wrestle, they feel the need to do it right under or on me.
Lexi-3/4 golden retriever + 1/4 black lab. Bday Dec 1st 2007.

Charlie-long haired chihuahua + dauchsand + papillion. Bday Feb 29th 2008.
i_are_chanel

Post by i_are_chanel »

Lexi is a very loving girl (not to mention her seperation anxiety). She loves to be hear me...Even when I go to the bathroom she likes ot sit and wait for me to get done. When I am upset or crying, she will get near me and kiss my face...usually where the tears are. She kisses me a lot. And she likes to put her paw on me. She 'pets' me as well. She started doing this when she was very young.....We pet her, so I think she felt it only appropriate that she do the same. :D It's very cute. She also use to try to pet Charlie when we first got him (which usually resulted in her doing it to hard, because he is a smaller breed, but she learned quickly how soft to do it). Lexi also loves to lay at my feet. And when her and Charlie wrestle, they feel the need to do it right under or on me.
Lexi-3/4 golden retriever + 1/4 black lab. Bday Dec 1st 2007.

Charlie-long haired chihuahua + dauchsand + papillion. Bday Feb 29th 2008.