travling on trains?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Fudgeandcoco

travling on trains?

Post by Fudgeandcoco »

hi all

as you know I choose the newf as my second dog for me and fudge. thee thing is I have really fallen for them and met loads at crufts and have been to loads of owner and breeders houses to meet them I am now even helping my uncle with his to get hands on experience. but I have been reading others posts about trains etc. and am worried as I travel by train not everyday around every weekend on days out as like to take fudge on day trips like Shrewsbury, Chester, Buxton, Stafford, Manchester, she also like Stockport. but I have to get a one or tow trains depending on were im going. and with the size of the newf I don't know how easy or hard it will be. I have asked the train company and they said that dogs can come on as long as there on a lead. I normally go on northern rail trains the ones that have seats facing each other.

what do you think as really am happy with the newf?
Lara575

Re: travling on trains?

Post by Lara575 »

HI

I only go on trains in the winter when it snows as I hate driving in the snow. on my local train there is a saint Bernard who goes on everyday the lad works at petsathome and takes the dog with him everyday to work he always goes were the bikes go as there is more room there. and the saint seems pretty happy as he's always wagging his tail and is always trying to get as many stokes from people as he can. although people go up to him anyway and a lot of kids shout Beethoven :lol: .

I think a newf should be ok as long as he's been socialized and trained to be ok on trains at an early age.