Victoria gets bit by dog!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Lara575

Victoria gets bit by dog!

Post by Lara575 »

Hi

I was looking on Facebook when I found a link by one of my friends saying Stillwell has been bitten here's the link

https://www.dogtraining.world/topic/vic ... ce-k9-dog/

Everyone on Facebook are saying she is stupid and does not know what she is doing!

I don't know what to make of eye witness said she put herself in that position and she should have know better?
JudyN

Re: Victoria gets bit by dog!

Post by JudyN »

Try reading the facts of what happened: https://positively.com/victorias-blog/m ... -accident/
I was not doing any training (behavioral or otherwise) with this dog. Mostly, I was just excited to get to fly in a helicopter! Although the nature of this job means that anyone could potentially be put in potentially dangerous situations at times, I have always felt that safety has always been our guys’ number one priority.

When the dog was finally released to jump into the helicopter, he immediately saw me there and instinctively went in for a bite. He was on for a few seconds and didn’t release until he was pulled off by the handler and another officer.
So she was sitting in the helicopter, the dog came in, and bit her. It sounds like it would have happened to anyone, and was nothing whatsoever to do with whether she was a positive trainer, or any kind of trainer.

The claims on the website you linked to are outrageous if true, but to such an extent that I very much doubt them. Anyhoo, I don't believe in positive training because Victoria promotes it, I believe in positive training because it works for me and my dog, and for so many others, and it makes sense.

Social media can be wonderful at best, poisonous and evil at worst. It's best just to walk away from the latter, you won't change them.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Lara575

Re: Victoria gets bit by dog!

Post by Lara575 »

Hi JudyN

Thanks for Victorias link. I posted this as I did not really understand the arrival so thought that if I posted members on here might make more sense of it.