Dogs Might Fly - Sky1 UK

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

emmabeth

Dogs Might Fly - Sky1 UK

Post by emmabeth »

Sooooo who else saw Dogs Might Fly?

Asides from the necessary yet daft 'telly magic' - ie the dogs all being driven to 'the dog house' in their matching cars with their heads outta the window (clearly, staged and filmed much MUCH later on in the process once the dogs all knew one another and had some training).... which I think only trainers will groan at and the public will tear up cos its so cute...

Loved it!

I am biased, asides from Victoria, theres the lovely Adam Miklosi who is a dog genius extraordinaire (though, squinty scientest geek rather than trainer geek), and Charlotte Wilde, animal trainer who I also know (I delivered her a cat once, ah the heady heights of fame..)..

Its ages since we had a mainstream 'not just aimed at kids' tv show about training dogs to do stuff, and its all positive, AND its highlighting the plight of rescue dogs AND that some of them CAN do amazing things.

Can't wait to see how they get on!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Erica

Re: Dogs Might Fly - Sky1 UK

Post by Erica »

It sounds awesome! Wish I could see it. x3 Maybe it'll be on iTunes or Amazon in the future...
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Horace's Mum

Post by Horace's Mum »

I saw an advert for it but really would like to see it. I just hope it gets shown again somewhere more accessible.
Horace's Mum

Post by Horace's Mum »

How many episodes are there? Just found out I can get it on Nowtv but currently don't have a subscription so would like to hold off until the series finishes then I might be able to just watch the series within the 14 day trial! Won't watch anything else with it but would pay to see this series if I have to. :D
Sanna

Post by Sanna »

Horace's Mum I think it's something like 8 episodes, def worth getting the free trial later and having a binge watch ;)

Really enjoying it so far, I think it's a great concept for a show that will appeal to a lot of people (and educate many a bit too); and like EB said promoting some really important stuff. From a dog-geek point of view it's def interesting :D

Rooting for Reggie (what a charmer!) and Alfie (I swear that dog is a genius) so far, and that sweet Aussie Shepherd girl whose name I've forgotten..