Forum is so quiet...

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ScarletSci

Forum is so quiet...

Post by ScarletSci »

The place is so quiet compared to how it was a couple of years ago. I'm concerned, it would be such a shame if it were to go under. I'm missing some old familiar posters too.

The forum is quite hard to find from Victoria's site, compared to where it was linked before the revamp, maybe that is why less people are spotting that there is a forum? Any ideas on what can be done?
JudyN

Re: Forum is so quiet...

Post by JudyN »

It is quiet nowadays, isn't it? I think a lot of people who want to 'chat' have turned away from forums nowadays and use different social media, such as Facebook, and there's so many sources of information about dog training out there that maybe they find their answers elsewhere before finding their way here.

It's a shame though, as some really knowledgeable members aren't around any more.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Yes: some of our erstwhile contributors are really missed.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I am still here but behind the scenes a lot more.

Sadly a lot of forums are struggling because FB has basically eaten the entire internet, which is a shame as its still a very poor media for sharing information that is in depth and detailed like we do here.

Do feel free for those of you on FB to send folk here though, ideally folk with dogs and dog related problems! :)
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Your relative absence has made a big difference, though, EB - your advice is always spot on and detailed :D

I agree, FB really doesn't work well for the sort of advice a forum can provide. The difficulty is in retaining the people who can give advice rather than needing it. Without them, the forum can't help those who are in need of advice.
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

I'll be honest I find writing tiring and got a little burned out investing effort when I ended up feeling like I really didn't help anyone anyways. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things now :wink: .
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Your ability to read dog body language and insight into a dog's state of mind is second to none, though, WufWuf. I'm sure you helped loads of people, including me :D
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Yes: don't for a moment underrate the good you have done and can do, Wuf. :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Theo400

Post by Theo400 »

WufWuf you have given me great advice since I joined. I think this forum would be lost without some of its great minds and your one of the Wuf, along with Nettle, JudyN, Emmabeth, Suzette, Erica and quite a few more!