Pupdate..

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

emmabeth

Pupdate..

Post by emmabeth »

Wotcha everybody peeps - a new puppy and a dental abscess on top of my usual shizzle makes for a very quiet Ems - call me a technophobe but whilst I can keep a beady eye on you lot via my tablet, i JUST cannot type properly on the darn thing. Fingers too fat for the tiny touch screen keyboard.

And then there is Tatty!

She's now 10 and a half weeks old, she's mastered both up and down stairs and tonight, she mastered getting on the sofa on her own.. so nowhere is safe from her tiny munching teefers!

She will grow up to be a Grand Basset Griffon Vendeen, once she has finished being a little piranha, and she is SUPER super smart, she travels in the crate in the car, sleeps in there when we are out for a while, shes already done two weeks of puppy class (a friend runs a class in the next town over so we go there as im not running classes at the minute) .. shes just brilliant!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Nettle

Re: Pupdate..

Post by Nettle »

Tatty Filarious (Ken Dodd) Tatty Oldbit (The Perishers) or Tatiana Piranha?

Good to hear from you and sorry about the abscess.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
mansbestfriend

Post by mansbestfriend »

Hi. Pup is in good hands. Hopefully the needle teeth stage doesn't last too long. :)
Cheers.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single Sit.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Tatty Oldbitt (the sailors friend)...

She of the loose morals and fondness of gin and men in uniform, a thoroughly disreputable hound!

The character in the Perishers is actually a Basset rather than a Grand but then I suspect Maurice Dodd hadn't heard of GBGV's so perhaps Tatty can be the originals long lost french cousin... zut alors! Bonjour marin!

For everyone else totally lost.. the Perishers was a newspaper cartoon strip written by Maurice Dodd and drawn by variously, himself, Bill Mevin and Dennis Collins.

The strip featured a group of children, most notably, Wellington, an orphan and his sidekick, Boot, an old English Sheepdog, but there were recurring characters of other dogs, particularly a bloodhound... B H Calcutta (failed), who failed his bloodhound exams during a traumatic incident with a curry filled elephant left out too long in the sun... and.. Tatty Oldbitt (the sailors friend), a basset hound, often depicted hiccuping, slurring her words and chasing the fellas. Occasionally shown with a string of puppies following her.

I grew up with these cartoons and the themes featured in them (OOH THE EYEBALLS IN THE SKY) ... so.. thats why Tatty is Tatty :)
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant