Animal Communication (telepathic)

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Fundog

Animal Communication (telepathic)

Post by Fundog »

What are your thoughts on animal communication between humans and animals? I'm talking telepathic communication, not body language. Has anyone ever used an animal communicator? I'm currently reading a book on the topic, by Carol Gurney. She actually gives a step-by-step tutorial on how to do this for yourself. She says everyone can talk to animals telepathically, with practice. What do you think?
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
JudyN

Re: Animal Communication (telepathic)

Post by JudyN »

Personally I think it's bunkum. There are plenty of times I've said to Jasper 'Good grief, how did you know that?' but I'm sure he is just excellent at picking up meanings and intentions from the slightest intonations of speech and body language. Like when I know what OH is going to say before he's opened his mouth :lol:

Also, there's confirmation bias. We really notice when a dog does something seemingly psychic, but disregard the many times he doesn't.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Re: Animal Communication (telepathic)

Post by Nettle »

I went on some courses, one run by a charlatan but it was worth going for the comedy value, two (novice and advanced) by a very gifted practitioner, another by an also-ran. I found I could do it, but was not keen to take it further because my existing knowledge of breed/type bias and body-language always cut in before the spiritual side, and you can't use the logical part of your mind if you want to activate the intuitive bit. The people who are best at it are those with only a slight knowledge of animals. I have a friend who does this full-time, and she is amazingly intuitive at the communication side but her lack of animal knowledge makes me cringe.

The second practitioner with whom I studied is very good at finding lost animals. That's something you can't fudge.

Despite me saying I choose not to do it, there are times when animals intrude on my intuitive side and get a message across (animals don't mess about with conversation - they have something to say and they say it!). While I was doing readings for other people, I was told by them that I was very good. I was especially accurate when reading from photos and found it much easier than having the animal with me, as there was no way I could be distracted by body-language. Certainly I was getting information I could not have found by accident.

So yes, it does exist, and while I don't think everyone can do it, a lot of people will have the ability if they get the right tuition and are brave enough to allow communication to happen (it's rather startling at first). Equally, there are many con artists, some of whom think they are genuine, some of whom know they aren't. If you are interested, give it a go, Fundog, but study with more than one teacher, and be very careful who else is in the classroom with you when you channel. Some of the people who want to 'talk to the animals' are seriously cuckoo. And - it isn't about talking really - it's about listening - something relatively few people are good at. :wink:

Itronically, it works best with animals with whom we don't have an emotional link - and most of us who try it really just want to talk to our own animals. :? We can't help the ones that come to us in desperation in the car park or out walking, and that can be very dispiriting.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS