"Rent a Border Collie"

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Erica

"Rent a Border Collie"

Post by Erica »

There was discussion about how people really need to spend time with the breed they're thinking of getting before they commit to that dog, and one person took it a step further and wrote up what renting one of their dogs might be like, to give people the Border Collie Experience. In all seriousness, I think it would be a great idea for anyone wanting a breed they haven't had before, especially if they can hang out with dogs closely related to their future addition.

I'm linking to the "rent a border collie" post because it contains (quite a few) curse words, but is very funny.

Rent a Border Collie
actually considering the rent-a-bc plan.

for fifty dollars, you get her and i for half a day. 9am-2pm. i don’t trust anyone else with any of my dogs so i will tag along, but let you experience a day in the life of valyria and a dog trainer.

buyer arrives at my home promptly at 9. by 9:15, they are allowed in, as i’ve had to wrangle five dogs and a cat in a semblance of trained and organized. they watch as i push in the deadbolt, and then the chain. i double check it. they ask me why.
“oh, she knows how to open doors.”

we gather valyria and i make them sign liability papers. i am not responsible for harm to them, their car, or their clothing. they are amused by her putting on her own collar and waiting for her leash, thinking she is good. they watch as i gather an entire backpack of tools - extra leashes, collars, toys, treats. another question of why. 
“you never know when she’ll destroy her leash or collar in excitement. be prepared.” (continue...)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Nettle

Re: "Rent a Border Collie"

Post by Nettle »

Howling with laughter.

Now I want to do a 'rent a lurcher' and 'rent a terrier' :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
JudyN

Re: "Rent a Border Collie"

Post by JudyN »

Oh Nettle, you must :lol:

That article is brilliant. It reminds me of the weeing, pooing, crying, vomiting dolls they sometimes give to teenagers to give them a taste of parenthood and hopefully act as an effective contraceptive :wink:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009