ADs on Facebook

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ckranz

ADs on Facebook

Post by ckranz »

OK so while perusing my facebook, I see this video of dog training with a happy look dog doing all sorts of nice tricks at a local dog park. The problem of course was the shocking collar deice worn by the dog. So of course I tell facebook I never want to see ads from this company again. For the reason why I happily selected illegal/violent. While not illegal I do find those collar devices violent and believe them to be cruel to animals.
mansbestfriend

Re: ADs on Facebook

Post by mansbestfriend »

A few weeks ago, a young dog turned up outside my fence wearing around it's little neck what looked like a detonator ('ecollar'). I thought I knew it's home, so after removing the device, we went for a walk around the block with a flat collar of mine and a lead. It pulled forward a little but responded well to my movements and changes in direction. When we got up near it's home, it dropped to the ground and wouldn't move. So I turned and took some steps away and the dog followed me away. Walked back towards it's house and the dog wouldn't move (very sad). Wasn't going to drag it so we walked back and I took it to the vet for chip scanning, and reluctantly handed over the shock collar. Hopefully the dog didn't go straight back to wearing that device. :?:
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single Sit.
ckranz

Re: ADs on Facebook

Post by ckranz »

My guess on this would be the owner had an invisible fence. By using electric shocks the device is supposed to keep a dog contained to a specified area. Of course if one get out, it will also refuse to re-enter the area to avoid the shock threshold. Cruel all around IMO, plus it does nothing to keep the un-collared predators out. I live in an area with a coyote problem. Little dogs with invisible fences are no match and usually end up as a midnight snack.