Its been a while

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ckranz

Its been a while

Post by ckranz »

Its been hectic for me with work and not working school and such that it finally feels good to get back to a normal routine....at least somewhat normal. Lets see now updates...oh yeah, My eldest dog Chloe passed last feb. She was the angelic therapy dog who worked with developmentally disabled adults and children. Her Degenerative Myelopathy progressed to a point where there was no longer a quality of life for her. My boys Apollo and Khan have retired form agility and full time lure coursing, but continue to compete in Flyball. In fact Khan is still a rookie and we expect to be running him in Oct. Its very exciting to see how much Khan truly enjoys flyball.

I have a new volunteer position at our local shelter in working with dogs will special needs due to hyperactivity, or extreme shyness. Primarily working to help these guys learn appropriate behaviors and come out of their shells to find good homes. Its a fairly new program in our area and has help us to reach a wonderful goal of Getting to Zero.......that is no adoptable animals are euthanized. As of this month our shelter has reached and maintained that goal for a year and are joined by a coalition of other shelters in that endeavor. I am very happy that my work goes and will continue to go a long way in maintaining that goal.

I still work in the PAT program as a small animal handler and I have started doing more photography for our local shelter.
Nettle

Re: Its been a while

Post by Nettle »

Good to hear from you and thanks for the update. So sorry to hear about Chloe.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Thanks for the update. It sounds like the shelter work is very rewarding. Sorry about Chloe
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Sorry to hear about Chloe - good to have you back though :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
delladooo

Post by delladooo »

I'm sorry to hear about Chloe, I've had a look at the pictures you posted, both of her and Khan and Apollo and they're all lovely looking dogs. Good luck with all the dogs you'll be helping at the shelter
Dibbythedog

Post by Dibbythedog »

I'm so sorry about Chloe.

Its good to hear of the great work you and your rescue are doing with special needs dog. Well done!