is it responsible to sell a dog on twitter?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

master2

is it responsible to sell a dog on twitter?

Post by master2 »

Hi

I am on twitter and was following an actor from Eastenders and in one of his tweets he post another twitters tweet about a staffie who needs a new home is 7months old and is £150 here's the ad on twitter https://twitter.com/ladyshocker/status/ ... 1152950273. so I replied being a fan and told him to not get him just coz he's cute as his followers were saying why don't you get him. so I replied don't get him just coz he's cute, a dog is a big commitment and not to be taken lightly. I also tweeted there are to many staffie being put down because they attack children and its not the dogs fault its the owner. and lastly the owner is clearly not responsible selling him on twitter. why selling him so young at 7month? I would be very careful.

he (the actor) replied Please get off your high horse. If your that worried about animals go and work for PETA and stop eating bacon. Thanks

I have replied to say that I volunteer for the Rspca etc. and that I don't get why he so angry with me.

am I in the wrong is it responsible for the owner to sell a dog on twitter?

all his fans are agreeing with him :roll: .

what do you think
mansbestfriend

Re: is it responsible to sell a dog on twitter?

Post by mansbestfriend »

Hi. No you really shouldn't sell or buy off the web BUT
You catch more flies with honey ;) . Cheers.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single Sit.
master2

Post by master2 »

Hi

I do understand now that they must have misunderstood me as I did not mean to be rude or demanding if that's what they thought on twitter. Im not saying sorry as all his fans are sending death threats and horrible tweets so have closed my twitter account.
mansbestfriend

Post by mansbestfriend »

Sorry to hear about the 'people' causing so much grief. There's a saying that - no good deed goes unpunished. Cheers.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single Sit.
Dibbythedog

Post by Dibbythedog »

Are they allowed to sell dogs on Twitter ?
I just replied suggesting a breed rescue incase the dog ends up being used in fights.

You werent rude at all and you cared enough about his dog to say something. Can you report the threats to the police ot twitter
or dont they do anything.
master2

Post by master2 »

Hi Dibbythedog

I have told twitter but they don't seem bothered not thought of the police. thanks for replying, this is what I was trying to say to that actor that he should only rehome him if he would actually care for the dog properly. I care a lot for the staffie as a breed as they are always the dog blamed on the news and never the owner. staffie's are not as bad a people make out which I learned working at the RSPCA they are so friendly and love attention and love to give kiss's. I just did not want that dog to end up in the wrong hands.

I only closed my account as there was so much negative tweets being sent just because I cared about a dog so much :roll: . which was rather annoying as I had made a lot of new friends on there.
Dibbythedog

Post by Dibbythedog »

I'm waiting to see if I get any response from him . ETA I dont recognise who he is ! I dont watch eastenders.
I hope you open your account again later when this dies down otherwise the bullies win.

There are loads of people who feel the same as you about the social media being used to sell dogs so you are not alone.
Last edited by Dibbythedog on Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
master2

Post by master2 »

Hi Dibbythedog

I agree so I think I will open a new account instead. that way I don't have to look at all the rubbish they say as I like to live as positive as possible.
Dibbythedog

Post by Dibbythedog »

perhaps that would be best.
I just edited my post above to say i dont recognise him.

I just hope he listens.
master2

Post by master2 »

Hi Dibbythedog

the one who is advertising the dog is not the actor who had a go at me the actor who had a go at me and told me to get off my high horse was Danny boy hatchard (Lee carter in Eastenders). if you go on his twitter page you will see the dog on his page as well and the comments he sent me are there in the comment section.
Dibbythedog

Post by Dibbythedog »

oh sorry! i didnt read your post right !
I'm glad its not his dog because he sounds an arrogant B*****d.
master2

Post by master2 »

Hi

yes I agree I don't get what he was having a go at me for as I was a fan (not anymore) I just did not want him to listen to his other fans telling him to get it just coz the dog was cute as that would be awful for the dog. I had to look up the term get off your high horse as I did not no what it meant :lol: . I don't think he cares much for his fans, most of his films are all gangster movies so I think he thinks he can act like that just coz he's in eastenders.
Theo400

Post by Theo400 »

Dibbythedog wrote:oh sorry! i didnt read your post right !
I'm glad its not his dog because he sounds an arrogant B*****d.

Dibbythedog can I just ask if you find him an arrogant B*****d why are you following said actor on twitter. as im presuming you mean Danny boy hatchard. I use to follow him as I was a fan to but have unfollowed him as he should not have attacked someone like that who followed him coz she thought he was a good actor. lets face it all famous people are were they are thanks to us who pay there wages.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I think its incredibly irresponsible to sell a dog on twitter or to buy a dog on twitter or to make it look like either thing is an acceptable thing to do.

I think actors, particularly those on incredibly popular soaps also have something of a duty to behave responsibly on social media... and if they don't social media can be used to bite them back - so I would be screen capturing his unpleasant response and putting it together in an image and sharing it on facebook to show people what this man is really like - its ironic that he nominally supports an anti-bullying campaign.. but has been rude to you and is allowing or encouraging his followers to be vile to you!!!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
master2

Post by master2 »

Hi EmmaBeth

thanks for your support I agree with both you and Theo he should not be acting like that as he has young people looking to him as a role model. I did not know he supports ant-bulling campaigns. that must be for show to make people think he is a good person when he has a go at you instead. :roll: