Barking in their sleep

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

griffin

Barking in their sleep

Post by griffin »

:D Anyone else have a pooch that barks in their sleep? I love this (Eddie is napping next to me and apparently chasing rabbits and squirrels in his dreams), it is so funny and cute. His legs are going as if he is runing, he is growling, barking, must be one heck of a dream!

Da wife says dogs don't dream, I have heard some "experts" say the same thing. Bull hockey... :lol:
Wendybyrd

Post by Wendybyrd »

Mine do it too sometimes, and I agree with you. I think that they dream. If they aren't dreaming when they do that stuff, that what the heck are they doing? How could scientists prove that dogs aren't dreaming?
150 ppl a year are killed by falling coconuts (yup, it's true). You are 50x more likely to die while relaxing under a palm tree than by an "unpredictable" pit bull attack.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

What flummoxes me is that newborn puppies dream. They yip, they growl, they wiggle leggies that can't support them - yet they are blind and deaf and have never been anywhere or done anything. Of what could they possibly be dreaming?

Those of you with children - do human babies dream?
Mollysmom

Post by Mollysmom »

People argue about what constitutes a dream.

Infants have rapid eye movement which is sometimes defined as a "dream"

I definetly think that dogs dream. Molly at 4 still does the foot twitch whine/bark. Sometimes she'll actually startle herself awake, poor girl.
~* Proud Mommy of a Mix Breed *~
[url=http://www.myspace.com/mollymae2004]Molly's Myspace Page[/url]
"If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either." - Unknown
griffin

Post by griffin »

Nettle wrote:What flummoxes me is that newborn puppies dream. They yip, they growl, they wiggle leggies that can't support them - yet they are blind and deaf and have never been anywhere or done anything. Of what could they possibly be dreaming?

Those of you with children - do human babies dream?
Yes, babies do this, they even respond to sounds and voices when inside the womb... :lol: My kids would move around or kick when I would talk to my wife's stomach... :D

For me, babies & dogs have dreams of things they hear, taste, feel, while in their mommy's womb. Ok, call me simple. but that's my opinion and you can't prove me wrong.. :P
Mollysmom

Post by Mollysmom »

but that's my opinion and you can't prove me wrong.
:shock: that sounds like a challenge!

(jkjk) but I agree.

anyone ever get the distinct feeling their dog is having a bad dream? Molly gets them every know and then and calms down and sleeps fine if you just put your hand on her (gently, she's been known to jump clean into the air if you startle her!)
~* Proud Mommy of a Mix Breed *~
[url=http://www.myspace.com/mollymae2004]Molly's Myspace Page[/url]
"If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either." - Unknown
thistledown

Post by thistledown »

Nettle wrote: Those of you with children - do human babies dream?
they chomp their jaws, flutter eyelids and wriggle a bit but nothing very dramatic.

Then they fill their nappy, sigh, and carry on sleeping :)
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I knew there was a good reason for sticking to dogs :?