New puzzle feeder

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

bendog

New puzzle feeder

Post by bendog »

Bought a new puzzle feeder that arrived today :mrgreen:

Of course I immediately ignored all the instructions about how to introduce it properly and instead just let the dogs have a crack at it to see what happened!

I did start it off easy for the boys though.

Anyway, I'll give my thoughts after you've watched the video but find it interesting the different ways my dogs respond to the same challenge. This was the first time any of them have seen it (and none watched the others do it first)

http://youtu.be/v5-qkoWkMK4

It also proves I'm quite a slow learner as it is far better on carpet than the hard kitchen floor but I didn't figure that out until Poppy's turn. And the makers should really make a lid that stays on better!
MPbandmom

Re: New puzzle feeder

Post by MPbandmom »

That is quite the challenge isn't it? Those green cones seem pretty snug and take some effort to remove. I could see Sky just flipping this upside down taking what came out and not bothering with the rest. It would be interesting to see what Sirius would do with it though.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
JudyN

Re: New puzzle feeder

Post by JudyN »

It's lovely to see their brains working - in very different ways and very different speeds :lol:

Jasper has that toy - or a different-coloured version of it. I had intended to teach him what to do by free shaping but it ended up being the usual method of 'no, not like that, to this.. Yes, that's it! Not there, here - go on, take it... take it... and back! No, take it.... oh, sod it, you're not meant to do that... yes, that's it - YES!!!' :lol:

I didn't want just to leave him to his own devices as he might just have eaten his way into it. I'll have to see if I can get a video of him doing it.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009