Cleaning the oven...dog bark bark barking!!?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Miles

Cleaning the oven...dog bark bark barking!!?

Post by Miles »

Hiya Everyone!

I have a quick question to see if anyone else has come across this doggie behaviour?!

I was checking out tips to clean my oven and was advised to use baking powder/baking soda. I smothered it on and kept my dog well away as I know it's bad for him. WELL....he barked non stop, staring at the oven, a kind of alarmed barked. He didn't even attemt to lick or go to near but went up and sniffed with me holding him back incase he tried to go to close. Then the barking non stop again.

Is he alarmed by the smell or trying to tell me it's bad stuff?? I investigated every other option of what could be causing him to act like that but there was nothing.
I resorted to abandoning the oven cleaning and thoroughly rinsed everything clean. He stopped barking???!!!!

Any suggestions or anyone had similar experience?
JudyN

Re: Cleaning the oven...dog bark bark barking!!?

Post by JudyN »

Could the baking soda have been making a fizzing noise (which maybe he could hear and you couldn't)? Dogs don't tend to be keen on 'hissy' sounds, so that would be my guess.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Miles

Re: Cleaning the oven...dog bark bark barking!!?

Post by Miles »

Thanks for replying! I wondered about that. It makes a bubbling hissing sound then calmed down but probably he could hear it when I couldn't.
Thanks for that x