Flooring Question!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

bendog

Flooring Question!

Post by bendog »

We are putting new kitchen floor down and need ideas about whats best to replace it with.
We have carpet in the rest of the house as less slippy for the dogs.

Sasha has decided she doesn't like her crate in the bedroom anymore, so is back to sleeping in the kitchen for now, but it means she quite often has accidents overnight - even when we walk her before bed about 11pm. She doesn't do it all of the time, but often enough that the floor needs to be able to cope!

Our old tiles were vinyl, and the pee would go down the cracks between the tiles and so even when I clean the floor, the whole kitchen still stinks!

So we need something easy to clean, that won't absorb the pee smell (as much as possible) and will cope with 4 sets of muddy paws trekking through several times a day.
Cheap-ish, but we are willing to stretch our budget as much as we can for a kitchen floor that will last and not stink!
Ari_RR

Re: Flooring Question!

Post by Ari_RR »

I don't know, but the topic may bring in some interesting spam you may actually want to read :lol: :lol:
Sweetie's Human

Post by Sweetie's Human »

Ari_RR wrote:I don't know, but the topic may bring in some interesting spam you may actually want to read :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Tiles would be my choice, if it's within budget. Otherwise maybe linoleum without any joins in it, if your kitchen is shaped right for the roll.

Stay away from the wood veneer panels - I've heard horror stories of them lifting - even without puppy pee.

Either way - good luck with the reno :)
delladooo

Post by delladooo »

I'd second keeping away from wood laminate, it's more hassle than it's worth if anything gets on it or if you happen to cover up something under your floor that you need or even if someone doesn't lay it properly.

We have a single piece of lino in our kitchen but it's small enough that we could do, not sure how good it would be with joins. We did have tiles and they lifted with moisture but I'm almost certain they weren't sealed to stop the effect. Good luck finding something and reading the spam :wink:
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
DianeLDL

Post by DianeLDL »

Would you believe that I actually thought it was spam. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe change the thread heading to: Bendog needs help with flooring

Wish I could help with it, but I wouldn't know what good flooring is for your area.
As Ari_RR stated, maybe you could use some flooring spam. :lol:

Diane
Sandy, Chihuahua mix b. 12/20/09