Victoria talks about episode 7

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Rescueteam

Post by Rescueteam »

""This has been covered. Victoria has said that she and JD had gone back and forth regarding his training philosophy (with which she openly disagreed on camera) throughout the shooting of the first 7 episodes, but those exchanges did not make it into those episodes. Wendy (the other judge you reference) would have been well aware of this exchange since she was there when Victoria and JD discussed it every time. As to why she chose to reference CM, again, who knows? Ultimately, why does it really matter, out of curiosity? ""

Then in this case I can understand why Wendy would have referenced a trainer like CM because it was and would be evident by all that JD most closely immulates CM's methods rather than using a all positive method approach to training like myself, others , and Victoria.

I can then understand why Wendy would not have used a all positive trainers name as reference in her praise as it would have been improper and somewhat insultive and Victoria certainly would be obligated and justified in my opinion to point out her opposition and difference in such a comparison in keeping the record straight and accurate.

Thanks for the reply and yes I agree we need to ask why to the producers also.

cheers
Be careful on how you treat your dog
Gershep1

Post by Gershep1 »

BoardHost wrote:Rescueteam,

Most of your questions have been answered already elsewhere on this forum by Victoria or myself. Here goes again:
1. Why did that other judge feel compelled to reference CM in prasing JD for his performance?
Who knows? Ask her.
2. Did she (this other judge) have knowledge that JD does not only uses positive reinforcement,rewards,treats,praise, but also uses corrections with his dog and thus referred to CM rather than another all positive dog trainer who would accurately not fit/represent his mold or style of training?
This has been covered. Victoria has said that she and JD had gone back and forth regarding his training philosophy (with which she openly disagreed on camera) throughout the shooting of the first 7 episodes, but those exchanges did not make it into those episodes. Wendy (the other judge you reference) would have been well aware of this exchange since she was there when Victoria and JD discussed it every time. As to why she chose to reference CM, again, who knows?
OK, this is very interesting. I had no idea that the judges were around for anything other than to witness and judge the specific challenges. The judges being privy to training methods sets up a new and prejudicial criterion. My take on it was that Wendy asked JD what he "whispered in Galaxy's ear" to create a good performance, and said "you're the new dog whisperer" because it's a popular TV show, and Victoria was going off on Cesar Millan, not JD at all.

Reality shows ... deception at its best.
BoardHost
Site Admin

Post by BoardHost »

I had no idea that the judges were around for anything other than to witness and judge the specific challenges.
This is correct. Apologies if my description made it appear that Victoria and JD had discussed training philosophies outside of the context of the best in show challenges - I assumed that was understood from previous posts and comments. I really think we're splitting hairs. Let's be totally clear here:

1. The judges only saw and interacted with the contestants during the best in show challenges.

2. During those challenges, the judges and contestants conversed at length. Obviously, only a very small fraction of those discussions made it into the final cut of the show.

3. It was in these discussions during previous episodes that JD and Victoria had discussed training methods directly as they had related to his and Galaxy's peformances.

As for my personal opinion, I'm troubled that so many viewers apparently are shocked that of the hundreds and hundreds of hours of video shot during the making of the show, only a very small portion made it in. hat would seem to me to be common sense. Also confused how anyone could be surprised that by losing such a large percentage of the footage to editing, the 'storylines' could become muddled from time to time.
BoardHost
sj96skittles

Post by sj96skittles »

but i dont really get how making the dog stop at each corner for the other dogs 2 come is forceful training. :?