Puppy Names

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Nettle

Puppy Names

Post by Nettle »

So as not to hijack Swanny's puppy thread:

All Babydog's sister's puppies had puppy names at the breeder's, and of course the new owners gave them their own names when they took their puppies home. The puppy the breeder kept was the one we puppy-named 'Sapper' because he was always tunnelling or in a tunnel or underneath something or trying to get down a pipe.

He has rotovated the entire garden :lol:

Fortunately they'd rather have a happy puppy than a smart garden.

He has a new name now - but really it's too late......
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
MPbandmom

Re: Puppy Names

Post by MPbandmom »

Would that new name happen to be "Mud?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Erica

Post by Erica »

Oh my :lol:

Onyx's "kennel name" was Target-Butt (or was it Target-Bum? The neighbor who found and kept his litter until they found homes is Scottish). When his temporary carer took him out at night, all she could see was this white bum in the darkness...:P

Opal's was 7-11, as she was born at 7:11 (dunno AM or PM, whoops) on Nov 25, 2008.

Delta's was Mr. Sage because he was the male in the green collar. Super creative but it is turning out to be very appropriate; he is very sagely for a puppy!
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Sweetie's Human

Post by Sweetie's Human »

Sweetie was Portia when we got her. That was never going to happen at our place :roll: . She didn't answer to it so we decided to change it. It was OH who wanted a pug, so I told him to pick a name. While he thought about it, we kept saying things like "come here little sweetie" and "let's go for a walk little sweetie". A day or two in, he told me he wanted to call her Sweetie :lol: . OH is the blokiest bloke you'd ever find, and he was telling me he wants to call her Sweetie! Second only in wimpiness to Princess! I told him it's OK if he'd prefer to call her something automotive, like Turbo, or ironic, like Killer, (and reminded him that he'd have to yell it across fields, parks and beaches) but no he told me quite simply "she's a little sweetie. It's what she is". And that was that.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Aw, that's lovely, SH :D

DS2 (who Jasper was supposed to be for) and I had a hard time agreeing on names we both liked. When we went to see the litter, we had two names on our (very) short list, Jasper and Toby. Of the two pups still available, one was definitely a Jasper and the other definitely a Toby - don't ask me why!
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
delladooo

Post by delladooo »

That's definitely a good reason to pick a name SH.

Laufey came from the marvel franchise (specifically Thor). I wanted to keep the theme with our cat Loki and debated with the name Thor but decided against it in case he didn't end up being a Thor (he's not). His dad most definitely could have been though :roll: