What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JudyN

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by JudyN »

I've just posted about that in the Crufts thread Zara :lol: I'm sure they weren't trying to steal the whippet or the cup - there's no chance they'd be able to make off with them through those crowds, and all eyes would be on them let alone cameras! I suspect they were just protesting.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Removed
Last edited by Lotsaquestions on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

There's always hope, LoQ :wink: Though you have to make sure you don't keep calling him when he's not going to come back or he'll just learn to ignore you.

So, I think I mentioned that I was going to get a new Orvis bed as Jasper was making do with three manky flattened lumpy ones and needed me to sort them out the other day. It arrived today. This is the look he gave me when I suggested he go on it...

I'd actualy thrown a treat on it but it had rolled down the back and he needed me to get it because he wasn't going to risk standing on this new strange thing.

So then I pointed at it and said 'settle down'... and this happened (I have no idea why that photo ended up smaller than the first one):

ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

I enjoyed a day out with Sampson today at our local dog friendly pup :D , I also forgot to say that as you know Kera fell in love with the corgi and then on gundog day she fell in love with the English Cocker spaniel and is now looking into a showline cocker :D I knew going to crufts would be a good idea for her to find the right breed. even though I enjoyed going I won't be going again as I missed Sampson too much and I missed mother's day :? :lol: , I treated mom yesterday to a day out at Cheshire oaks and a nice meal at our local restaurant. The highlight at crufts was definitely the shopping you can buy anything for your dog and there are loads of breed related things you can buy like I brought loads of giant schnauzer things like a rug, cushions , clock, bag, boots ect but I had bags full of stuff for sampson :D . But I missed him way to much so I could not do it again.

Tomorrow he's going for a check up at the vet but when I got home he was back to his normal cheeky self and up to mischief :lol: and he's eating normally now.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Oh dear Jasper. I love that first pic though, Judy, his face says it all. You couldn't draw a more accurate cartoon of 'huh?' :lol:

@Zara Great to hear Sampson is on the mend, he's healing very quickly. What happened with your uncle?
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

The RSPCA are charging him with animal crulty and taking him to court and the police arrested him for attempting to kill 1dog and killing tow cats and 2 dogs, cruelty to animals and possession of a firearm illegally :shock: , he will be in court to be sentenced but I'm unsure when. And he's being kept in custody until the hearing.
Attachments
Resting after getting drunk at the pup today
Resting after getting drunk at the pup today
IMG_20180313_191715.jpg (63.4 KiB) Viewed 4182 times
Definitely up to his normal tricks
Definitely up to his normal tricks
IMG_20180313_191757.jpg (51.22 KiB) Viewed 4182 times
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

The first photo is after our day out at the pup, he was puffed out :lol:

The second was this morning when mom forgot about the toast she made , my sister phoned when she was buttering her toast but she left the toast by accident so Sampson tried to make his move I walked in on him and saw him going towards the toast and took the photo before he heard me looked at me and then left the toast and came to me with a wagging tail and then just sat for me looking up at me saying "I'm a good boy mommy honest" :lol:
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

ZaraD wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:27 pm The first photo is after our day out at the pup, he was puffed out :lol:

The second was this morning when mom forgot about the toast she made , my sister phoned when she was buttering her toast but she left the toast by accident so Sampson tried to make his move I walked in on him and saw him going towards the toast and took the photo before he heard me looked at me and then left the toast and came to me with a wagging tail and then just sat for me looking up at me saying "I'm a good boy mommy honest" :lol:
He's such a gorgeous boy, you were very lucky to find him you two seem like peas in a pod. If I walked in on Merlin trying to get leftover food, he'll just bark at it to tell me to get it for him. I don't, but he still assumes all food deserves to be his. I am so glad he's not as big as Sampson or my counters and cupboards would be raided on a daily basis. :lol:

A firearm too! My word.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

He heard my phone when I took the picture , I never allow him on his own in the kitchen as we'll have no food left :lol: one of the downsides of having a big dog they can reach a lot higher :lol:
But mom got distracted and forgot about the toast and the no leaving Sampson in kitchen rule :lol:

I feel blessed every day to have him and am so glad I fostered him so he could be my boy forever, I feel like he's my doggy soulmate :D

I thought I knew my uncle we were so close but just proves you don't always know people like you thought. I was shocked when they said he had a gun
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

ZaraD wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:27 pm and then just sat for me looking up at me saying "I'm a good boy mommy honest" :lol:
... 'and I deserve that bit of toast as a reward' :wink:
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

JudyN wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:56 pm
ZaraD wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:27 pm and then just sat for me looking up at me saying "I'm a good boy mommy honest" :lol:
... 'and I deserve that bit of toast as a reward' :wink:
:lol: , so true Judy , he makes me laugh hundred of times in a day :D
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

First encounter with an Irish Terrier today. At first I was like 'what is that?!' and assumed it was an airedale x poodle of some sort. It came towards Merlin full of 'I'm the boss, got it?' and stalked like a Border. Merlin flashed a few 'I'm friendly' signals and the pair of them had a great old time playing. Then she sniffed out my treat bag and decided we were more fun than her owner. Poor guy, I walked her back to him and he had a few dry biscuits in his hand. Definately no match for the beef & chicken in my pouch. :lol:

I couldn't imagine living with one, she was definately upfront about being a terrier. Luckily Merlin isn't also a terrier or that could have turned into some doggy handbags at dawn.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I blame all Jasper's naughty bits on his Irish Terrier genes - just imagine them in conflict with the sensitive snowflake sighthound genes!
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

JudyN wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:22 pm I blame all Jasper's naughty bits on his Irish Terrier genes - just imagine them in conflict with the sensitive snowflake sighthound genes!
Is Jasper actually part Irish terrier?
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

JudyN wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:22 pm I blame all Jasper's naughty bits on his Irish Terrier genes - just imagine them in conflict with the sensitive snowflake sighthound genes!
I can imagine! She was a lovely dog despite being very forward in her want to get to my food (I basically had her stuck to my back as I was walking her back to her owner :lol:), but she definately made sure we knew she was not to be messed with in her approach. Merlin fell in love with her, but he does tend to attach himself to the confident dogs.