What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ZaraD

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by ZaraD »

Well I was enjoying a country walk today with Sampson and then a female saluki comes running towards us beautiful dog , then things got embarrassing :oops: Sampson got a bit too friendly with her :shock: I immediately apologize to the owner of the saluki and he said good job I'm walking her and not my wife she might not have been as cool about it , he said she has just come in heat. ( If she's in heat you'd think he'd keep her on lead) he then helped me get Sampson off and he put her on a lead, he laughed it off and said it fine. I did notice though she had a beautiful collar and lead and he said there from salt dog studios, so I looked them up when I got home and if ordered this one can't wait to put it on him. Me and my mom have also been talking and we both love Sampson and the thought of loosing him is just to heart breaking to think of so I have told the rescue that I would be interested in rehoming him, the voulenteer said she tell the member of staff who deals with rehoming and they'll get back in contact with me.

Then we get home and my sister was there and she told us she's pregnant :D , I'm gonna be an auntie :P , I am over the moon today has just been the best.
Last edited by ZaraD on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

This is the collar if ordered , iv also ordered the matching lead :D

https://www.saltdogstudios.co.uk/produc ... dog-collar
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Congratulations on impending auntiehood, ZaraD :D I'm not sure there was any need to apologise to the saluki's owner - it takes two to tango, and she did come over and seduce Sampson :wink:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

JudyN wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:43 pm Congratulations on impending auntiehood, ZaraD :D I'm not sure there was any need to apologise to the saluki's owner - it takes two to tango, and she did come over and seduce Sampson :wink:
Thanks Judy , she got a scan next week to find out how far gone she is. My mom said I didn't need to apologize either but I think is was me in a panic state not knowing how he'd react.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Congratulations!
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:54 pm Congratulations!
Thank you lotsaquestions :D
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

i was scrolling up and saw congratulations on auntihood first before the announcment and thought yoru sister was getting a dog :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I was wondering today if you could categorise dogs into those who, when you accidentally stand on their foot, would go into appeasement mode and grovel, give you lots of loves and try to get back into your good books, and those who would give you a right royal telling off with menaces. And to what an extent this reaction is hard-wired and to what extent it can be influenced by how you interact with them.

In case you're wondering, it was OH who stood on Jasper's foot and I'm not even going to bother telling you which category he fell into :lol:

In a couple of weeks I'm going to stay with my mum - it's her 80th so we're having a family knees-up. Jasper and OH will stay at home as he wouldn't cope with being left at my mum's while we go for a meal, and she's also planning to have goodness knows how many relations over in the evening. But my brother's stepdaughter will also be staying at Mum's, with her retriever puppy who can only be about 4 months old :D I'm dying to meet him, but it's a bit bittersweet because he'll be quite happy left in a crate at Mum's while we go for a meal. It would be lovely not to have a 'special needs' dog. And of course, it would be lovely if OH could come too instead of having to put up with a whingy dog who will be missing his mum all weekend.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Take heart, Judy, the puppy is still young... There is still time for its special needs to reveal itself! :lol:

If I stand on Merlin's foot he squeals then runs to me like 'mummy someone stood on my foot!!'. Yes Merlin, it was me.

Since he was a baby I have always instinctively went 'ooooo....' when he got hurt, which in turn meant he came running to me all upset at being hurt. Now if I say 'ooooo....' he turns around and agrees that it was painful, even when nothing actually happened to him.
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

I gotta say im so in love with everyones dogs. merlin and jasper sound like such characters i just love them to bits :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bax also definitly falls into the "what did i dooooooooo?" category when i step on him. thankfully hes gotten much better but for the first few years of his life he had no concept of personal space and would. not. move. when i was walking through. Needless to say many paws were stepped on.

He also has the third category of "gee whiz that hurt. i bet its a game!" where he dances around and jumps like a lunatic cause gosh isnt this fun?
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Nothing like the pain game to get a terrier excited!

A day with Merlin is definately never boring I must admit. He's a thief, he likes to roll in deceased animals, he thinks that barking at squirrels will make them fall out of trees, and often he still believes he can fly when he's chasing birds. I could have an easier dog, but the amount of 'remember when he did this?' stories we've got makes up for it. Bloody exhausting though!
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Well it's official Sampson is ours we signed the papers today. I'm finally a dog owner :D . Looking forward to many years of happiness and luaghter
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Congratulations! Now we need pictures, and lots of them!
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:57 am Congratulations! Now we need pictures, and lots of them!
I'm working on that , I'm not great at uploading.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I met someone I know vaguely in the woods today, with a group of 4 dogs I've met several times before with their other owner. Jasper went up to say hello, and the guy started petting his head. I explained how J can be headshy... as the guy started fondling his ears and J leant against him. Then he started fiddling with the muzzle strap as J had got an ear stuck under it. Again, I warned that J might not like that, as J snuggled up closer and went all gooey-eyed :roll:

The man then tried to get J worked up & playful, by standing over him, lots of eye contact and arms in the air, and jinking as if about to run off. Then he said, 'Wait,' and then 'GO' as he ran off round a tree.... They ended up chasing round a clump of bushes, having a great time, with J barking in excitement at this new game. One of his dogs - who used to pester J to play - tried to join in but J was only really interested in playing with the man.

Am I missing a trick here? We spend so many years trying to keep J's arousal levels down, we never have this sort of game. Maybe we should try? But as when he was younger he only used to jump up on us and not other people, I wouldn't be surprised if he just started jumping up all over again. Maybe it's like children who play up at home but have perfect manners when they go to their friends' houses.