What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JudyN

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by JudyN »

Of course, Jasper is much more of a sensitive flower than a Patterdale :lol: But as you know, taking the pizza off him was never going to be an option :wink:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Happy Birthday!

I suppose it is like us drinking scalding hot tea... We just keep going back for more pain.
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

you know bax is such a simple soul that i prolly COULD trade him something from the fridge for a slice of pizza :shock:

..... id prolly feel guilty about it though
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

ugh its always such a relief when i pick bax up from boarding. im always so worried that he'll be stressed or anxious or scared without me..... psssshhhhh i think he handles the separation better than i do. he absolutely ADORES his kennel lady and she always stops to give him lots of snuggles when i go to pick him up. of course he TOTALLY ignores me because stranger snuggles are worth waaayyy more than mommy snuggles, but still, its such a comfort to see how much he loves her.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Removed
Last edited by Lotsaquestions on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Yeah, but I love OH yet I don't throw myself at him and lick him all over when he comes through the door every day :wink:
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Sky is such a creature of habit. In the winter time, if I walk the dogs separately, Sirius goes first, taking advantage of daylight. Now that time has changed, I have been taking Sky first as there are more likely to be others out earlier Then when I get back with Sirius, Sky thinks it is her turn again. :lol:

We had a bit of an incident on Sky's walk today. We encountered my friend who walks 5 or 6 dogs at a time. She was coming down the hill towards the park, and Sky and I were coming out of the park. The road was between us. I stopped and she stopped. I raised my arms to point right and left asking which direction she was planning on going. Her dogs took either my hand motions, or my speaking as an invitation to come over and say hello immediately. I had always believed that her dogs were well behaved and reasonably under control. Today they demonstrated otherwise as they took off pulling her down such that she landed hard on the pavement in the middle of the road. Four of the dogs came over to say hello/check Sky out. Three sniffed, grumbled a bit, and then ran back to see mom. The fourth one remained, and I was not liking his body language. I put my had out towards him while telling him to back off. After a couple of comments, he decide to run back to mom too.

Meantime a couple of motorists have stopped to give aid to my friend. She commented that the fall had knocked the wind out of her and that her elbow was hurting a bit. She did get up after a bit, informed me which direction she was headed, and continued on her way.

I believe the next time I see her out with her dogs, I will turn around and just go in the opposite direction.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

My word, MTbandMom, how easily simple things become difficult! You handled it well, and your Plan B sounds sensible.

JudyN, those were the days! :lol:

Shalista, it's so good that Bax is happy at Nursery school. One thing less to worry about.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

My word, I can't imagine walking 6 dogs at once! I struggle with one sometimes. :lol:
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

So I had a few interesting days and have been very busy, Sampson LOVED , LOVED , having another dog in the house however I learnt I'm not ready to commit but liked having another dog in the house, Coby the Cavalier is no longer with us as his owner came back early from her holiday as she missed him to much and has decided to only holiday in the UK, Scotland and Wales so Coby can go to.

When he left Sampson was whining not understanding why he left , I felt so awful as I couldn't explain why Coby had to go home, so as me and mom enjoyed having another dog too I thought I start fostering again as and before I knew it we had our first foster dog a female Bernese mountain dog and Sampson is back to his happy self , he definitely prefers dog company to human :lol:

I have to say I really do like Berneses but there way to unhealthy for me to even consider. I thought this way he always has a doggy friend plus I'm helping them to find homes :D

Then yesterday Sampson and Mia ( the Bernese) were playing in the local woodland and Sampson saw cat and he was off , Mia came back to me and looked up at me asking why is he chasing a cat as if Sampson was an idiot :lol: , she didn't seem impressed

He eventually came back after calling him and he was limping :cry: , so I took him to the vets he has fractured his paw :roll: :cry: , the vet said it's not as bad as it sounds and he's lucky the damage isn't as bad as it could have been , he patched him up and said there are a number of ways he could have done it but only Sampson will know. He said he'll be fine :D , and were he had is surgery his fur is coming back so sampson Is a lot happier just has a sour left front paw. But Mia has been staying with him and licking it , don't know if that's ok the vet didn't seem bothered as hecsaid she's only licking the cast. But she been bringing him blankets and toys ect
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Awww, Mia sounds so sweet! :D Poor old Sampson in the wars again.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

JudyN wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:52 am Awww, Mia sounds so sweet! :D Poor old Sampson in the wars again.
If Sampson was human he would be an accident prone person, he's very clumsy :lol:

Mia is absolutely beautiful and everyday I spend I keep thinking should I get a Bernese next but it's the health problems that worries me. Shes only 10 months old but is just fantastic with Sampson and he adores her and follows her around everywhere, iv always had a soft spot for the breed :D
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

well i hear theres a FABULOUS 10month old one that sampson adores thats looking for a home right now :wink:
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Shalista wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:25 pm well i hear theres a FABULOUS 10month old one that sampson adores thats looking for a home right now :wink:
I know, if not made this easy for myself but I agree with Nettle I should wait a year or tow but after Coby the Cavalier left I was shocked at how miserable Sampson was so I thought I'd foster but if fallen for her as has Sampson :D
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

If it's working now, and Sampson is happier with her here than not now, is there any reason to wait? How long will she be with you for? Long enough that you can clearly see how well it is working?