What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JudyN

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by JudyN »

Jasper cracks me up at times...

He was just cleaning out a saucepan for me (don't worry, it does go in the dishwasher after :wink: ), and I popped upstairs to the loo. When I came back down, he was up on the worktop - undoubtedly with a mind to nick the empty chilli pesto pot DS1 had left there, though it was pushed quite far back. The moment I came in, quick as a flash, he grabbed the dishcloth instead and brought it to me: 'Mum, this is for you, I'm a good boy aren't I Mum?' :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

That is one smart pooch, JudyN :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Erica

Post by Erica »

That's brilliant Judy :lol:

I posted a set of pictures of Delta, and someone thought he was a Bedlington Terrier. I was about to laugh but then I realized there's no size reference and he does have the same coat color as some...and his fluffy face is starting to look more Bedlington-y. Pretty funny :) Reminds me of a beautiful poodle we met at some dog event or another which was in the Bedlington clip. They look a bit funny but I might try it sometime...

I know Bedlingtons and Poodles are miles apart temperament wise but I think it would be funny to have a silver poodle (maybe a moyen - a small standard) and a grey Bedlinton and groom each like the other's breed just to throw people off. (This is a hypothetical situation, not any sort of plan!)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I've found a whole thread of poodles disguised as Bedlingtons here, Erica: http://www.groomers.net/discus/messages ... 1232568800 :lol:
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

Bax has the patience of a saint.
I took him to a back country road to work on our loose leash walking, turns, and circles. He followed gamely along for awhile before realizing that we weren't actually walking anywhere, just turning and circling. Upon this realization he put on the brakes HARD and backed up in his harness making the leash taunt. He wouldn't budge until i told him we were going home and we walked all the way home.
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Wouldn't you hate for your dog not to have opinions, and/or not be able to express them? :D
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

i dont think terriers are capable of NOT expressing their opinions >.<
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Shalista wrote:i dont think terriers are capable of NOT expressing their opinions >.<
:lol:
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

Bax got to have a nice long roll in something on our walk. He was having so much fun :lol:

I have a rule that if he doesn't smell, and he's not wet after his roll I don't bathe him. So he was done rolling on what looked like a desiccated worm and he was dry but I gave him a sniff check. My god I actually gagged. I whisked him to a bath and he stunk up the entire upstairs hall and bathroom.

I bathed him and he still stunk so I shampooed him again. he used to hate baths so I just rinse him by pouring water from a bowl over him instead of using the sprayer. its worked pretty well so far. well on the second shampoo I decide to use the sprayer in the interests of time. the moment I turned it on bax almost leaped out of the tub. Poor guy still hates it apparently. I quickly turned it off and went back to the bowl.

if he hates all the baths why does he have to keep rolling in god knows what? :lol: :lol:
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Shalista wrote:if he hates all the baths why does he have to keep rolling in god knows what? :lol: :lol:
To get rid of that horrible clean smell the baths give him :wink:
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Psst.... use baking soda next time. :wink:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

It's been raining cats and dogs all day today and yesterday. Tonight we are attending the "Relay For Life" event, and dogs are not allowed, so no walks for them-- they wouldn't really enjoy it anyway. For those of you in the UK-- I don't know if you have a Relay For Life or something similar-- it is a national community fundraiser event, in which people walk laps around a track in memory or support of someone who is fighting cancer or who survived cancer or who died of cancer. Funds are usually donated by corporate sponsors, and their employees take shifts walking over a 24 hour period, so that there is a representative from their corporate team walking the entire time. It's a worthy event, and usually a lot of fun-- more so if the weather is nice. :lol: But tonight we are all going to freeze our tails off!
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
ScarletSci

Post by ScarletSci »

perriejinnie wrote:I'm going to take my dog to a vet because he is scratching his ears a lot. I have bathed it with shampoo and since then it has been scratching his ears. Any suggestions guys?
Almost certainly ear mites or a build up of wax, definitely the see the vet, because either way, it'll be so uncomfortable for the poor lad and drive him to distraction, and if you're not very skilled and experienced, you risk damaging the ears trying to treat it yourself. Alternatively, you might have got water and/or shampoo into the ear canal when you bathed him, and it's now irritating him. Let the vet sort that out if that's the case, don't attempt it yourself. When you bathe him, be very careful not to get water inside the ears. Hope the vet can solve the problem easily! Good luck :D
ScarletSci

Post by ScarletSci »

Fundog wrote:Psst.... use baking soda next time. :wink:
I adore baking soda. I use to to clean almost everything and anything, along with lemon juice, white vinegar, salt, etc. Haven't yet used it on the dog, but will remember that for the next time she needs a bath! Should bring up her white patches beautifully :lol:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Tomato sauce is good for cleaning after smelly rollings, but NOT suitable for white dogs! :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS