What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Shalista

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by Shalista »

Bax hustled his lil booty back inside as fast as he could :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Lovely photos, LoQ :D

Snow is a rarity down here on the south coast, and it's just been wet here today. But I have found an old thread of the last time we had significant snow, which was five years ago: https://positively.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 6&p=117747

He used to be a bit of a wimp when it was cold & wet, but his Scottish deerhound ancestry seems to have kicked in. Personally, I'd prefer it if he wanted to stay warm indoors!
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Ari_RR

Post by Ari_RR »

First snow here on the east coast US too.
Ari didn't mind.. I think snow changes somehow the way scents work, so made sniffing things more interesting on our walk.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

the damp brings out the smells. we have had our first frosts and the dogs noses are on over drive when out on walks.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Yep, Jasper's been livelier since the temperature dropped. There's a potential cat up every driveway, a potential deer behind every bush... He even played - nicely! - with a cockerpoo the other day. At least, he was trying to box gently but it wasn't easy given their height difference :lol:

Unfortunately, just as I was trying to get a photo of him in a rare playbow, he decided he wanted to make lurve with the (male) cockerpoo instead, and then got a little more worked up, so we moved hastily on :wink:
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Jasper is eight today :D For the first time, he decided it was too cold for a proper walk this morning - I spent longer getting all togged out than it took us to cross the road, sniff the verge and turn back again. I thought I was in luck, but an hour later he decided he was ready to go out now... so I got all togged up again and we had an hour in the park. Shame I forgot my gloves on our second outing :roll:
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Happy Birthday Jasper!

Did he get anything nice? The lady across the road threw a birthday party for her Lab when he turned 8 :lol:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Happy birthday Jasper! :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:44 amDid he get anything nice?
Call me cruel and heartless and report me to the RSPCA, but he didn't get any presents :oops: I did give him a good dollop of the catsick, I mean bright yellow raita that came with our takeaway curry though, and of course he got to lick the plates. Oh, and the Treat Fairy in the woods gave him extra treats :lol:

I tried to get a nice birthday photo but it didn't work out this morning and this afternoon my phone decided it was too cold or something. So I got some rubbishy ones instead.

Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

He is one beautiful Lurcher!
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Thank you LoT - I quite agree, not that I'm biased or anything!

He decided we should have a long walk to the heath this morning. My hands were freezing but I had to take my gloves off to take some photos, the heath was stunning.

It's just over a mile away - how lucky am I to have this in walking distance? :D
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

That looks beautiful, I am jealous! Us none driving city dwellers have to make do with a patch of grass full of dog walkers trying their best to walk their dog in what amounts to a glorified garden. :lol:

Saying that though you really discover places you've never known existed before once you get a dog. I was told of a secret dog park that was totally enclosed hidden behind a row of houses which was a godsend when the amorous Spitz decided he wanted to roam, and we also discovered a lovely river walk right by our house that leads all the way to the country park, with one part of it being an old school field so its completley enclosed on all sides. Then from the country park down a bridleway you can reach a huge wood that I didn't know was there! Planning on that walk when Merlin is recovered, a good solid 4 hours of off lead walking should do the trick!
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

We never explored the heath before we got Jasper, despite having two children :oops: Ditto Canford Heath and Delph Woods. We did drag the boys to the woods a couple of times but they really just wanted to be back in front of their screens :roll:
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

looks prickly O.o
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Yep - if we decide to go off piste a bit (I'm a sucker for investigating paths that get narrower and narrower until they disappear down a rabbit hole) my calves & knees can end up looking like I've got measles :lol: