What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Lotsaquestions

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Removed
Last edited by Lotsaquestions on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Zara, why don't you ring the number and see who answers? You don't have to link it to the earlier phone call - maybe ring from a different number (or can you withhold numbers?) and say that someone from that number rang you earlier in the day and you didn't recognise the number but wondered if it was important. If they say they are the benefit office or whatever, you could still check that phone number against the benefit office's number (and if it doesn't match ring the benefit office to explain your concerns).

Though first, if your mum thinks it was something to do with benefits, check the phone number of all the departments you can that might be involved.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

JudyN wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:50 am Zara, why don't you ring the number and see who answers? You don't have to link it to the earlier phone call - maybe ring from a different number (or can you withhold numbers?) and say that someone from that number rang you earlier in the day and you didn't recognise the number but wondered if it was important. If they say they are the benefit office or whatever, you could still check that phone number against the benefit office's number (and if it doesn't match ring the benefit office to explain your concerns).

Though first, if your mum thinks it was something to do with benefits, check the phone number of all the departments you can that might be involved.
Thanks Judy, it's not the benefits as they start with 0800 ,this number was 1051 and she just is worried about giving the detail of her being on benefits. She awnsers the call and a woman asked if this was miss ect ( she said mom full name) and she said yes and then the woman said you sign up for ??? ( Mom can't remember what she said) and mom said I have not signed up to anything as I'm on ESA and then the woman said oh right sorry I'll cancel you out. And that was the end of the call. Mom's just worried that it might have been a spammer?

I tried calling but I get no awnser.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Probably just someone calling about PPI or something stupid. I keep getting phone calls about my car accident... Which never actually happened. I wouldn't worry. It is really easy to get someones name and address, but really hard to do anything with it.
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:05 pm Probably just someone calling about PPI or something stupid. I keep getting phone calls about my car accident... Which never actually happened. I wouldn't worry. It is really easy to get someones name and address, but really hard to do anything with it.
Thanks LOQs , I thought they won't be able to do anything without further details. At least I can tell her to not worry. As they would need more details to do anything and my mom did not give any.
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day.

I am walking the dogs separately for the most part these days as more people are out and about and because Sky just isn't keeping up to speed with Sirius for the whole length of the walk.

Sirius is doing very well these days with her reactivity.

Sky starts out strong, but then slows down considerably after 1/2 to 3/4 mile. She still wants to go for her usual length of walk and is capable of doing the distance as long as we can go at her speed. I figure as long as she wants to go the distance, I owe it to her to be able to go at a pace which is comfortable for her.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

You are such a lovely thoughtful Dog Mom. It makes me so sad to see old dogs dragged out too far, especially in the heat, or going too fast for their comfort. Older dogs like to potter and sniff. It's their walk after all.

When AvatarLady got to the last few months of her life, we found a stretch of woodland where others didn't go much, and it was full of amazing smells, she told me. Half an hour twice a day and she was all relaxed and happy from having done so much sniffing.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

It makes me sad too nettle, there's a staffie who I see daily and he's lovely but he's old 9yrs old , overweight and tends to preferably slower pace he's always way , way behind his owner on lead. It makes me mad to see him trying to keep up and especially in this heat he's been wanting to stop to get his breath but the owner shouts at him and the pulls him hard on the leash to get to move faster and the poor thing is trying but is just not able to go that fast, not only that he has something wrong with his back leg and it's bending further back now then it did before but the owner can't afford vet treatment so is just leaving it :!: , Then he takes the poor thing out like 6 times a day .
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

CV's are going to be going out today with some application forms. Merlin is trying his best not to let me get too upset. :lol:
Last edited by Lotsaquestions on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

oh my god i love the zoomies <3 <3 <3
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Part of me is sad that J doesn't belt around the house like that any more. Only part of me, mind :lol:
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

i imagine the belting around the house gets less pleasant the larger the belt is in question =P
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Funnier though - as long as you don't get in the way :lol:
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

JudyN wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:32 am Part of me is sad that J doesn't belt around the house like that any more. Only part of me, mind :lol:
I don't think you'd have much of a house left. :lol:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Damn, but that fluffy dog is a dude!
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS