What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Lotsaquestions

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Merlin is a licker. I should have known, when I went to view him I basically left wet because of his dad every time. Merlin will want to lick everyone and everything, dogs and people alike. If I lay down on the sofa, he'll jump up immediately and spend a few mins making sure my face is nice and disgusting unless I push him away. When he's pushed away, he'll lick the air like a snake trying to get to my face. Luckily he's not much of a poo eater, but his stinky sheep poo breath attempts at licking were the worst. :roll:

He's the worst with my dad. He just climbs up, puts his paws over my dads shoulders, get settled in, and just licks and licks and licks right up his nose, in his ears, everywhere.
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

My sisters Chi OBSESSIVELY cleans ears. like digs his tongue DEEP inside your ears and just gouges it out for as long as you let him.
Baxter (AKA Bax, Chuckles, Chuckster) Rat Terrier, born 01/16/13
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Ewwwwww..... I just get a pointy nose shoved in the groin.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
JoanneF

Post by JoanneF »

Timber is starting to sound downright normal now!
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

When in the company of Merlin, Bax and Jasper, 'normal' is very much a relative term :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

I'll have you know Merlin is pretending to be a normal dog lately! No more men barking, low to none dog barking, recall from dogs! He's still a little menace at training though. Stole the cone, tried to get the other two dogs to play whilst off lead heeling, and failed miserably at the 'send to bed' with a bowl of dry food as distraction. The trainer made Merlin and Harry (lovely Sheltie) do a down stay facing the bowl together... Merlin decided to lay there in his stay position barking at the food shouting at it to come to him. :roll:
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

Merlin's vocalness makes me feel much better about Bax's deep seated resentment to the noise my downstairs neighbor makes. If you havent strangled Merlin yet i suppose i can tolerate Bax's occasional barks.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Removed
Last edited by Lotsaquestions on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

oo thats a pretty boy!
ZaraD

Post by ZaraD »

Lotsaquestions wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:30 am I'm lucky Merlin is fairly quiet in the house otherwise I'd likely have gone mad by now.

Snowy morning walk. My partner took him to the woods while I had a morning off. He made a Clumber Spaniel friend and they kept swapping snow covered sticks. :lol: I had thought about having a Clumber at one point but was put off by how unhealthy the show lines can be. This one seemed quite fit and healthy though so maybe I'll take another look!

https://youtu.be/AsIOOdIO_C8
Clumbers are lovely dogs they have lovely nature's , Sampson and I see onecon our evening walk every night and she's very mellow and sweet natured :D ,

Sampson enjoyed his day in the snow and has made a new doggy friend a female rough collie, she was a beauty , and very calm and sweet. :D
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

ZaraD wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:05 pm Clumbers are lovely dogs they have lovely nature's , Sampson and I see onecon our evening walk every night and she's very mellow and sweet natured :D ,

Sampson enjoyed his day in the snow and has made a new doggy friend a female rough collie, she was a beauty , and very calm and sweet. :D
Lovely to hear Sampson is doing well!

It doesn't look like much, but Merlin has finally got enough impulse control to play his all time favourite game without us worrying about being nipped! He LOVES to be chased, like big time loves it. It makes him go crazy zoomies as he runs away from us as we 'rar' at him. Unfortunately before now its always ended up with him mouthing and nipping at our heels or hands. We've been diligent on ending the game when he does it, and he's cracked it. :lol:

https://youtu.be/oiSlIPu319Q
Shalista

Post by Shalista »

Oh my god i love playing that with bax! except he always runs laps around the house, then i do a rar and then he runs a few laps and then coems back for me to rar at him again! the version i play though he gets to run away with a toy. hes so good at the trading game i let him play "keep away" with toys if he wants.
Lotsaquestions

Post by Lotsaquestions »

Shalista wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:20 pm Oh my god i love playing that with bax! except he always runs laps around the house, then i do a rar and then he runs a few laps and then coems back for me to rar at him again! the version i play though he gets to run away with a toy. hes so good at the trading game i let him play "keep away" with toys if he wants.
Would love to see that!
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I wouldn't be able to play that with Jasper even now! In the house he'd go into humpy mode (and it would be me he'd try to hump), and outside he'd start jumping up at me!

I threw one snowball for him yesterday. He jumped for it, it hit his muzzle and disintegrated, and his face was a picture :lol: But then he got that wild look in his eye and nearly went into jumpy mode... He did restrain himself and not jump up, with me doing nothing more than turning my back, which I was very happy with, but I decided not to risk trying it again.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Typical - I thought I'd risk another game of snowballs and threw one at him but he just looked at me as if to say, 'Why are you chucking snow at me, Mum?' But then he did have more important things to do like see if the digestive-biscuit fairy was over on the next field.