What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sweetie's Human

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by Sweetie's Human »

LOL Bendog!

Nettle - you can have a turn any time you like! Some days I'd happily package her up and send her over :lol: . Luckily, these are fleeting thoughts though...
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Pugglies are snugglies. I do like them.

Bendog, my dogs are very reliable with house-training but OH and I still leave each other notes like that :lol: It helps to know what to expect....
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
delladooo

Post by delladooo »

So I took MiMi to the park with us this morning (in a bag) because I was the only one in and didn't want to leave her when she'd just got up. Very proud of Laufey because he was very gentle and didn't launch himself at the dog who came over, on the other hand MiMi was determined to walk :roll: It keeps surprising me how much Laufey knows; I taught him some stuff but other stuff he's picked up so when I say something expecting them to listen and Laufey half listens (very distracted at the moment :lol: ) and then MiMi has no idea I wonder when I accidentally taught these things (for instance "enough" to end playtime, admittedly it does't work for long but works in that moment. It's hard to say no more playtime when she has no idea what it means).
Erica

Post by Erica »

Aww, Sweetie is so cute :)

Little Dude is sporting a handsome haircut for Thanksgiving. Didn't do the neck thing because by the time i had finished his face he was quite ready to stop. He was very good though! :)

His kennel worked as a temporary grooming table - i plan on getting a proper one though! I imagine it'll be a lot easier.

He stole a turkey neck off the counter last night :roll: He ignored every turkey neck I ever gave him but by golly he ate that one. I had moved the plates of spare bits back from the edge of the counter but someone moved them back for incomprehensible reasons. It's the first food he's gotten from the counter :evil:

Oh well!
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Sweetie's Human

Nettle wrote:Pugglies are snugglies. I do like them.
OK - she's on her way. She'd love a British winter. She's really staring to struggle with the heat again now as we head into summer.

We've had quite a performance here this morning. It was a bit cooler (25-ish) so we went on her 'long' walk, and stuck to the usual routine afterwards. The WHOLE TIME I ate my breakfast, she yapped and yelled like a lunatic. The birds were carrying on outside, but that's normal so I doubt that was what stirred her up - she only barks at them at 4:30am, not at 6am :roll: .

Anyway, this morning is one of those times I'd happily send her over to Aunty Nettle for a snuggle!
Sweetie's Human

Erica he is so lovely! Can you post a pic where we can see how big he is now?
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I have been in muddy Hertfordshire, being grilled and tortured and mentally poked and prodded by the IMDT gang (two day assessment to see if im cool enough to join the gang!)... 2 weeks to wait on my results now!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

IMDT? :?:

bendog

Post by bendog »

Institute of Modern Dog Training - Run by Steve Mann and Nando Brown and co.

Sure you will have aced it EB, but I'll be grilling you for details as I'm looking at doing mine in Feb (after 4 day training course in Jan)
minkee

Post by minkee »

Ooh exciting! I have no doubt you will have passed with flying colours, Emma, and Amy that's great. I know you'll be brilliant at dog training, and that they NEED someone like you in your area. Sometimes you just need a shove in the right direction and you certainly got one.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Note to Jasper:

Just because I leap off the sofa like a firecracker when I hear the sound of the cat scratching the wallpaper in the toilet does NOT mean the world is about to end. The sky is NOT falling in, and there are NOT a hundred armed ninjas in the hall about to slaughter me, or you, when I leave the room.

So you do NOT need to growl at me to tell me I need to stay safe on the sofa until the ninjas, the mafia, or the giant dog-eating dragon have gone, and you do NOT need to bite my arm (even if relatively lightly) when I tell you not to be ridiculous and get up anyway, before the cat can create some nice decorative tassels out of the wallpaper.

Anyway, I am your mum, I will protect you from the hooded claw, keep the vampire from your door. But I can't do it so easily with a sore wrist :roll:

Thank you :evil:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
delladooo

Post by delladooo »

Does not sounds like a fun morning for you Judy!

If it's any consolation one of our cats has taken to walking on the park with us :shock: I have no idea what's possessed her but she walks all the way around with us and the only reason she doesn't come home too is that cars scare her. It started off late at night when there was no one else about but she's starting to attempt it in the middle of the day too. Everything's a bit crazy at the minute :|
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

You must shut her in, Delladoo. There are two cats near a big stretch of land where most of the village does its dog-walking and who come walking with their owner and dog. I am so scared someone's dog will kill them, and most of all that I will witness it. :shock:

delladooo

Post by delladooo »

There's no way we could shut her in; she's not a house cat and would be absolutely miserable if we made her :? Thankfully she is very wary of strangers and won't go near them or strange dogs so keeps away if there are any about. Our main concern is traffic at night because she starts following us down the road home but won't leave the park if there's traffic (we back onto it so she doesn't need the road to get home) but will follow us if there isn't until there is, at which point she runs back. Currently the plan is to try and ignore her to see if that helps because it's a recent thing but we definitely don't want her to get hurt :(
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I'm feeling very meh about it at the minute, going over things in my head wishing id done various things differently... but its done and if i failed then I might be joining you in feb!

Drop me a message somewhere and I will fill you in! :)
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant