What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

gwd

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by gwd »

Sanna wrote: you'd have thought he'd gone and resolved world peace or something equally impressive and unexpected :lol: :lol:
Now if he could just do something about the price of gasoline!
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

OH has done it again :lol: :roll: :lol:

I came back from walking the big girls to find that he had left dog food defrosting in a bin on top of one of the chest freezers. The terrier (small terrier) had located and raided, and has eaten two and a half breasts of lamb :shock: She is trying to sleep it off but is too bulky to curl up.

Fortunately we all have a sense of humour! And it isn't a disaster - we have other food for them. But I suspect a terrier may not be geting much tonight.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

That's probably her ration for the week, Nettle :lol: I need to be careful with Jasper today as I've just tried a new meat supplier - probably not as good quality as my usual, but a hell of a lot cheaper, and they do a wider range. But the chicken carcases, livers & hearts all arrived frozen solid, so I've left them out to partially defrost so I can chop up the heart & liver and separate the carcases & bag them up individually. Carcases from the previous supplier were already individually bagged, which makes life a lot easier.

Poor Jasper is heartbroken :( We had a quick poo walk this morning and as usual, on the way back he loitered outside the house 2 doors down where the GSD b!tches live. While he was doing so they came out for their walk, and Jasper was thrilled. I decided we could extend our walk, but as he tried to charm the pants off the younger of the two, she went for him - didn't leave any holes in him, but she meant business, so we decided against a joint walk. As the GSDs and their owner headed off without us, Jasper stared longingly after them, with a look of utter confusion and devastation on his face. He's just like the creepy guy at school who is in love with the prettiest most popular girl and wants to be near her even if she treats him like poo.

I've given him a destressing game of ball in the garden, and a nice massage while singing 'Creep' to him, and reassured him that he's not a creep, he's a very handsome dog that any sensible b!tch would adore, and the two GSDs aren't nice girls and he can do much better than them.

Not that I'm anthropomorphising or anything :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I think that was lovely of you, JudyN.

JudyN

Post by JudyN »

You haven't heard me sing though :wink:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

:lol:

jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

JudyN wrote:You haven't heard me sing though :wink:
I think we just solved the monsters in back corner of the garden issue :lol:
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

:lol:
Sweetie's Human

Post by Sweetie's Human »

Oh no, I just got a fleck of dust in my eye... :cry:
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

that was a good one. one of the better one's I have seen.
Erica

Post by Erica »

That Budweiser commercial is wonderful. :)

Gave Delta his first bath today...no shampoo as I forgot to get some and the stuff we have is really old, possibly from when Onyx was young. So I wasn't going to use that. :P Discovered we probably need to do some counter-conditioning with the hair dryer (set to cool temperature and low pressure). I've brought it into the room where he eats, so I can turn it on before I put his food down.

I've also crocheted a snood up for Delta, since his ears are dangling into his food and smearing all over it...not very hygenic. Pictures to follow! ;P

We got the freezer in Saturday, finally, so I have room to store everything! I celebrated by finding ground beef on sale for $0.99 a pound and buying twenty pounds...most of it is just gonna sit in the freezer for a while. :lol: Finding organ is proving the most difficult thing. I'm going to try to get the nerve up to call the butchers tomorrow and ask about kidneys and spleens and stuff. I don't know if it's a butchers where they take whole carcasses and chop them up, or if they just get in pieces and offer the service of chopping it up further...

Delta's growing like a weed! I'll have a more official weight on Thursday, but the bathroom scale says he's about 17 pounds now, up from 11.7 when I first got him. :shock: Two pounds a week is a lot of growing!

Opal is getting very jealous of his food, to the point where, while I was taking Delta out for his mid-dinner poo (luckily that habit seems to have died out), she knocked the bowl off the shelf I had put it on and stole a chicken leg. She did chew it, thankfully! And no ill effects afterwards.

Delta's worst habit (only bad habit, really!) is splashing in the water bowl. I think he likes to sleep on wet tile? He'll take a drink of water, then either start digging in the water bowl or just splash a foot in there, drag the water around a bit, and lay down in it. Any ideas how to prevent him, other than watching him like a hawk at the bowl? I do fill up a very different bowl with water and encourage him to splash in that outside. (Inside bowl is white ceramic cylinder; outside bowl is green plastic hemisphere. Different enough for him to tell the difference, I think!)

A picture of the little dork's new eyebrows:

I love the streaks of grey. They look very funny!
Last edited by Erica on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

I get that it is a great point and all, but I have to say as a non drinker, I find myself thinking the better alternative would have been to not drink in the first place and get home to let the poor dog out to potty.

I know, I know, I'm not dealing in most people's reality.

edit to add:

What a cute picture of Delta. I'm looking forward to the Snood picture.
Last edited by MPbandmom on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Erica

Post by Erica »

MPbandmom wrote:
I get that it is a great point and all, but I have to say as a non drinker, I find myself thinking the better alternative would have been to not drink in the first place and get home to let the poor dog out to potty.

I know, I know, I'm not dealing in most people's reality.
Ditto...I know that I'm "on call" when the young'uns are taking care of Ozzie's house. If they get too inebriated to drive home, they text me and ask if I can let Ozzie out for bedtime potty break and feed him in the morning. I'm always happy to do so! Another option that my family offers when we host parties is a sort of taxi service. Any of the "kids" who are old enough to drive but don't drink will drive the drunk adults home, technically at no cost but they always tip well. :)

(Still, better not to drive while drunk.)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
lucyandbella

Post by lucyandbella »

Signed Lucy up for our first agility trial. It's the first weekend of October and I only signed up for Saturday as I'm not sure how she will do with crating, the noise, the crowd, the judge...with everything I guess :lol: . And we are just signed up in the intro class which is more for first time dogs and for training, so not really competing more just getting experience and getting her used to the sights and sound of the trial. I signed her up for jumpers (excludes contacts like the A frame) and snooker (which I have no idea what that course is :lol: ). Even though its just for practice I'm so nervous :lol: . Not for her but for me, I don't know how people remember the order your suppose to go! And Lucy is a critic, she knows when I'm lost and just stops and look unimpressed.