PLEASE HELP!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Charlie007

PLEASE HELP!

Post by Charlie007 »

Hey, okay I really nervous. We just took our 6 month old cocker spaniel pup out for a walk. I took my football and we played happily until I accidently stood on his front paw :( He started limping immediately and then tried to walk again which ended in him landing on his face and was not able to stand upright. I carried him home, and we checked him for abornamilities i.e. out of place bones etc.. There is none of that and he doesn't yelp when we touch him, he just looks like hes in pain and he can't move without falling over.

Will he be okay? Its our first dog, so we don't really know what to do? How long will he be limping for?

Oh dear, im a quivering wreck!
Any help or comments would be much appreciated!
griffin

Post by griffin »

Take him to the vet ASAP. Chances are, the pup is fine, just scared to put weight on the paw, as most humans are when they first twist an ankle..

Still, Take Him to the Vet, ASAP...
Ry

Post by Ry »

I'm sure he will be fine, but a visit to the vet is still important. It's probably nothing serious, but a visit is still in order just to make sure he's alright
Bingles

Post by Bingles »

Im sure he will be fine they are more agile than you think. I learned that after I nearly broke Bingles foot. We only had her a few days and she took to sitting under the kitchen table so I served up dinner sat down at the table and pulled in my chair and the whole weight of me and the clair went down on her foot. Well I thought I had killed her the noise she made. I hoised her up and pamperd her for the night out of guilt but she was fine and that would have been some weight on her little paw at 10 weeks old. Im sure he will be fine. xx