Doogie injuries

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Ocelot0411

Doogie injuries

Post by Ocelot0411 »

Just a bit of odle curiousity folks but is anyone else constantly injured in someway by their beloved pooch (directly opr indirectly) or am I just 'special'. :lol:

I am always black and blue from being stepped on, run into, bashed into, etc by my very clumsy dog, then today I got injured by someone elses' dog! Ellie was in the woods and came across one of her little Staffie friends called Duke. They were playing their favourite game of chase when, at full pelt, WHAM!!! :shock: Duke slammed his whole body into my shin. I swear I thouht he had broke my leg it hurt so much. He just glanced up at me as though to say 'opps sorry' before resuming chase. Duke is only a small Staffie but he must be absolutely solid muscle as it felt like being hit by a car. Ouch!!

I know have a very odd, egg on a stick, shaped leg. I am just waitng for the colour to develop. :cry:
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Well... you and the Doberprincess are of course EXTREMELY special...

But you are not alone, :lol:

Im currently sporting two pawprint size bruises across the left hand side of my ribs and a further two on my tummy... and another on the back of my thigh.

All caused by a certain large grey hairy dog using me as a trampoline/springboard/launch pad when playing their latest game ' Bedroom Racetrack: Turbo'... the collie job doesnt really bruise but 30+ kg of Deerhound definately does!

Then theres the awesome scratches she can dole out by rearing up and leaning her paws on people - im quicker wiht a hand on her collar than some are!

And i have teethmarks in my arm because two days ago i was blearyeyed stumbling round garden first thing in the morning and didnt see until too late, that she had ambushed me - like something out of the matrix slo-mo deerhound comes flying at me in mid air, to arrive teethfirst on my arm..

She does stop the SECOND you say 'OW!'.... but if you dont see her planning her attack... :lol:

(Fortunately this is just reserved for family and friends, strangers she has NO desire to interact with whatsoever, not even for treats!)
griffin

Post by griffin »

I still have scars on my fore arm from Eddie's dew claw, the only claws that do not contact pavement to keep them dull & short... :roll: :lol:

Occasionally I get a few teeth marks on my hands from our playing, yes boys play rough. No, he does not mouth or bite, it is me grabbing for his toy while we play tug of war instead of telling him to release...My bad...

Bruises? Yep, my daughter gets a few, Eddie still thinks he is a puppy and will some times forget his commands and jump on her when she sits down, all 85 pounds. Ahhhhh young dogs.... :P
Yoshi

Post by Yoshi »

I think it was said best on Groomer Has It: "We all get battle scars in dealing with our animals!" :wink:

In one day at the shelter, I received a fierce headbutt from an excited Boxer/Australian Cattle dog mix, several scratches from an overly friendly Border Collie, multiple bruises from several happy dogs pawing at me, and let's not forget the kennel full of puppies who decided I was a tug of war toy.

Would I have it any other way? Of course not! :wink:
Dee-n-Josh

Post by Dee-n-Josh »

You're not alone! I try to stay clear when they are playing chase in the yard. But apparently they think I am the "base" and sometimes can't slow down enough to stop or run around before they get to me. TAG, I'M IT! Two 40-pound dogs running at full tilt tends to leave a bruise or two.

My newest injury (MY FAULT) was a dog bite on my index finger. Solo had been chewing on a rawhide and got a piece torn off. Worried that it was a choking hazard, I ran over as quick as lightening to put my finger in and sweep it out. Had I reacted calmly, he (probably) would have given it to me. But, it looked so far back in his mouth, that I stuck my finger between his back molars (without warning to him) just as he bit down! OUCH! His brand-new adult teeth are sharp!
Tiger: 4 year old Basenji x something
Solo: 5 month old GSD x Rottie
Both were found at www.petfinder.com
Ry

Post by Ry »

Can't say that I do get injured. Although I've had more than one dog pee on me...though that's beside the point, isn't it?