Hello there!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

daneluver

Hello there!

Post by daneluver »

Hello Eveyone,

My name is Hannah and I am new to this forum.
I have owned a Dane puppy before but something went terribly wrong - nothing health related or anything - and now we have a Golden Puppy.

It is a male, his name is Guinness Murphy - But we don't include "Murphy" because we would only like a two syllable name - He is 11 weeks old today (I think :? ) and is very friendly. He came from a home with lots of children under the age of 5 (and two the age of 16 and 17), the Breeder was very kind and knowledgable of the breed, baby-sits other children and gives you a free sample of Heartguard, etc. She made a pen for her puppies to be in outside so that she could pay attention to them outside and they were out there when her husband was in the woods, close enough for the puppies to hear, with a chainsaw.

I am very glad to have gotten him from her. So far everything is going well. He of course has some biting "issues" - as most puppies do - but that can be worked out.

As I sit here typing this message he is still full of energy (at 10:30 after all of the exercise, play and going to the vets to get shots today) and trying to tear his bed up - but it seems as though it isn't working out how he had hoped.

I did a little bit of training with him earlier, but I would have done more if he wasn't tired from his walk - it was very tiring for him because he kept chasing one of my family members who came along on a bicycle - so we had to turn around and walk in the other direction repeatedly. He was chasing the bicycle, but not in the way you might think. He was chasing it because he wanted to greet the person, so it seemed because I let him go over and see the person and all he wanted was attention - but still, no chasing bicycles.

He has had a lot of experience with noises, peope (including young children), lives with two cats and will be soon well socialized with dogs - because he got the shots he needs to meet other dogs today.

I'd like to introduce myself a little bit more now.
Again, my name is Hannah. I live in the United States and am hoping to move ALL the way from the North East USA, ALL the way to the South East USA (From Maine to Florida).

As I do like the state of Maine, everything is way too expensive and there is nothing to do up here! We live in Central Maine so pretty much everything is down South, The people who we bought our house has lied to us and we had huge leakage damage and now need to COMPLETELY tear apart our downstairs bathroom and need to do some renovating in the upstairs one - we haven't been able to use it ever since we moved in - which was about 2 and a half years ago. I just want to LEAVE.

Something good about being where I am is that it is so beautiful - especially in the winter - but in the winter, you can't even go outside that often... Well, It depends.

Sorry if it sounded like I was complaining :?
I really like to talk and that is why I have made a very long post.

I am here because I have learned quite a bit about dogs in my life.
I wouldn't say that I'm an expert and I still need advice from other people, but I'll give whatever advice I can give - If I know about what they need help with.

Basically I am here for help, to help, because I love It's Me or the Dog and Victoria, to let people know more about me and my dog and to share pictures of little Guinnie.

Just wanted to say "Hey".

Hannah