Their unique way to communicate with us

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

jacksdad

Re: Their unique way to communicate with us

Post by jacksdad »

rnor1120 wrote:"Human. This bowl isn't going to fill itself."
Jack has that one down too.
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

If Sky wants to go outside or play, she will find a person and start whining at them. Then take a few steps backwards. If the person doesn't get up right away, she will repeat. Once the person does get up, she will turn around and dash out of the door and pause at the top of the steps and roooo at the person to hurry up and get a move on. Once she sees that the person is indeed heading for the stairs and not the bathroom which is just past the stairs, she races downstairs and stands on the treadmill by the door. There will me more roooos until the door has been opened at which point she will race outside and then turn around to see if by any chance the person is coming out with her to play. If not, she then trots around to the back to look for squirrels in the trees.

If Sirius wants food, she will sit pretty. If the food isn't forthcoming, she will scoot around a little while sitting or prance with her front feet. If we need for her to move backwards, she will kind of hop backwards, all the while maintaining a sitish pose.

Sirius often stays inside while Sky is outside. Sky loves to be outside and Sirius thinks inside is a much more safe place to be. Sky will sometimes talk to passers by and Sirius will come and tell us that Sky is in grave danger and we must go and save her. She does this with little howlish sounds and grunts. My husband has now gotten to where he will sieze this as an opportunity to see if he can get her to outright howl. He is quite an instigator. I usually look out of the window to see what/who Sky is talking to and then either reassure Sirius that Sky is okay, or we then go downstairs and "rescue Sky." Rescuing Sky usually means there are dog fearful children trying to pass by and Sky absolutely adores children and will often give them her most enthusiastic greeting which is quite scary for a child that is already uncertain about dogs.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
OnceInAWeil

Post by OnceInAWeil »

MPbandmom wrote:If Sky wants to go outside or play, she will find a person and start whining at them. Then take a few steps backwards. If the person doesn't get up right away, she will repeat.
That's how Tony asks to go potty. :)
gwd

Post by gwd »

OnceInAWeil wrote:
MPbandmom wrote:If Sky wants to go outside or play, she will find a person and start whining at them. Then take a few steps backwards. If the person doesn't get up right away, she will repeat.
That's how Tony asks to go potty. :)
we my gang pulls that manouver, we ask, 'is timmy stuck in the well?' :mrgreen:
Flyby

Post by Flyby »

Brand new one taken today.

"Aw Da! Is it not time to go home yet?"

Nayra

Post by Nayra »

I love your pics Flyby.

How are you able to paste images here?
abbyneo

Post by abbyneo »

Flyby wrote:Brand new one taken today.

"Aw Da! Is it not time to go home yet?"

Such a gorgeous boy. Makes me miss my Neo girl. Great thread! Abby has her own language when it comes to mealtimes...from about 2 hours before dinner until she actually eats. "Non-dog" people who come over don't understand it, but she's just trying to tell them that she's starving cause her mom and dad are horrible people who never feed her!
Flyby

Post by Flyby »

@ Nayra.

Hi, the easiest way I think is to open an account with Photobucket, (or some other picture host) and upload your pictures into your account. It's all free!! Once your pictures are there, the process of copying the link is fairly user friendly. Copy the link, (right click) and then paste it into your comment.

The link should begin [URL=http:/.....

Sometime people get nearly there, and just get it wrong at the last minute, just pasting the wrong link which typically begins http:/ .... When that's the link they post, you see the link written as text and clicking the link takes you to the page. So if you want to see the picture in your post, make sure you copy the URL link.

Edit@ Abbyneo - Pippin is the star for that type of carry on. He sit's round the front of the yard, (where the bunnies are) hoping to catch one unawares. People think he's been abandoned, and is forced to hunt bunnies to survive. He's been 'rescued' five or six times by people who don't realise that we're all out the back, and Pippin is hunting bunnies for fun, can run where he likes, and even get under the fence. Until we realised what was happening, I've even been outside the front looking up and down the road for an 'abandoned' dog which happened to be mine! I should put up a signpost saying "I'm not abandoned, please don't rescue me. I'm not even very nice, I kill bunnies and also eat sheep s*"!!*.".

See! I'm a troublemaker me! :lol: