quirky things we love.

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

abbyneo

Re: quirky things we love.

Post by abbyneo »

gwd wrote:
i've only known two boxers other than just ones i've met walking. the two i knew VERY much used their front legs to 'box' when they were playing......does abby 'box'?
Yes, she's very "handsy" as we like to call it. If we're playing with her and try to take her bear away from her, she'll use her paws to push us away. She really doesn't play with other dogs so I can't speak to whether or not she'd do that to another dog. It's pretty funny..she's like "no, mom..MY bear!"

@Clare-Neo used to "fake pee" all the time..I laughed reading that :)
Flyby

Post by Flyby »

Well Odin's quirks are fairly evident, and have been there fully developed from an early age.

Little Pip is just full of quirks, but the one that gets me is impossible to photo, and you never have the camera running to catch it, but sometimes when runs, I can't describe it , but he seems to widen out his front paws as he runs around in big arcing circles, and with his general body language he just looks like the happiest little dog in the world. You cannot watch him and not smile.

A bad quirk, (which isn't really bad, I just say it is), is when Odin is shut in the landy and gets bored or wants something, and eventually he does his hound of the baskervilles impression. It's one of those howls you hear from 2 or 3 miles away, and you cannot ignore for the fear a SWAT team might turn up to see what all the fuss is about.
gwd

Post by gwd »

Flyby wrote:Well Odin's quirks are fairly evident, and have been there fully developed from an early age.
it's like he's practicing to be a statue in front of a library or courthouse!
OnceInAWeil

Post by OnceInAWeil »

Love the Odin statue. :D

Antonio will crawl his front half onto the sectional and leave his hind paws on the ground.
abbyneo

Post by abbyneo »

OnceInAWeil wrote:Love the Odin statue. :D

Antonio will crawl his front half onto the sectional and leave his hind paws on the ground.
Abby does the opposite--she'll half-heartedly get her front paws off the couch and leave her butt on.
Sabrina

Post by Sabrina »

I'm laughing my way through this thread! Great stories!

Sometimes when Charley is sleeping, his lips must be sealed together just so because his cheek will puff up with air before it escapes with a little popping noise, then his cheek will deflate again - this can go on in a perfect rhythm for quite a while!
gwd

Post by gwd »

Sabrina wrote:Sometimes when Charley is sleeping, his lips must be sealed together just so because his cheek will puff up with air before it escapes with a little popping noise, then his cheek will deflate again - this can go on in a perfect rhythm for quite a while!
wow, OH does that same thing.......but it's not cute when he does it. it's always a prelude to full on, loud enough to wake the neighbors, snoring.
Sabrina

Post by Sabrina »

gwd wrote:wow, OH does that same thing.......but it's not cute when he does it. it's always a prelude to full on, loud enough to wake the neighbors, snoring.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

It's the bum flip. When Honey is excited about anything she plants the front feet on the ground and flips herself around bum first. She will do a few of these in a row and then dance on her hind legs, slam the front feet down and flip around again bum first. It's too cute and I have to remind myself not to let her get herself too worked up and ask her to wait if she looks like she's getting too silly because it makes me laugh when she does her bum flip dance :lol: .
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
abbyneo

Post by abbyneo »

Sabrina wrote:I'm laughing my way through this thread! Great stories!

Sometimes when Charley is sleeping, his lips must be sealed together just so because his cheek will puff up with air before it escapes with a little popping noise, then his cheek will deflate again - this can go on in a perfect rhythm for quite a while!
I just said "Awwwwwwwwwwww" out loud in my office... :D
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

If Jasper is in the hall with me and I'm ready to stick his muzzle and lead on to head out, he has to align himself so he's pointing the right way. As he's got such a big turning circle, this involves walking into the front room, study or kitchen, turning round, coming out again and heading in the direction of me and the door.

Sometimes, though, he's not happy with his alignment and having come back into the hall he has to go into another room for another shot. And any spin round the kitchen involves checking all the surfaces for food, which means he's likely to forget all about going out :roll:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Sabrina

Post by Sabrina »

Sometimes when Charley smells a really interesting smell on the ground, he can't decide whether to roll on it or pee on it - he'll dip his neck like he's going to roll, then stop and start to lift his leg, then dip his neck a little farther.... :lol: