Faith restored

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Nettle

Faith restored

Post by Nettle »

I love helping people with their dogs - mostly - sometimes it isn't so good, a bit like happens on the Board here when people don't like what they hear and don't want to do what they need, so they get antsy.

Two weeks ago I had a difficult client who then refused to pay.

Today, a lovely family with a fear-biter had their final consultation with me because they have done so well, they don't need me any more.

I was given, in addition to my fee, a huge box of home-made chocolates and a home-baked loaf.

Oh I am so very touched. :oops:

PS I was assured that all the calories have been taken out of both chocolates and bread :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
JudyN

Re: Faith restored

Post by JudyN »

Aw, that's lovely :D

Never underestimate the effect you can have on these people's lives - and the dogs' lives too, of course. Without you, many dogs with loads of potential would have ended up being euthanased or worse...

Not so sure about the calories in the chocolates though. Maybe you should share them round the forum :wink:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

awesomeness (is that even a word judy? ) :lol:

I love hearing about fearful dogs getting better.
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

How thoughtful of the client to remove the calories for you. How wonderful when dogs get better because people listen and put in the time. I can't imagine where my dogs and I would be had I not found this forum.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
abbyneo

Post by abbyneo »

Yayyy!! It's so nice when people go above and beyond to show their appreciation. I know that fiancee and I were very appreciative of everything our behaviorist gave us while working with Neo and Abby, even though it didn't completely work out.
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

That's lovely Nettle! It's a wonderful feeling when people go above and beyond. It's very validating as well as a touching show of appreciation.

Oh, and by the way, can I have that recipe for chocolate that doesn't have calories?? :lol:
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Lovely story thanks for sharing :D it's so good to hear about people who will do the necessary for their dogs.

Now about those chocolates.... I'd bet they've all been eaten by now seeing as how they're calorie free :wink:
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

WufWuf wrote:I'd bet they've all been eaten by now seeing as how they're calorie free

No, still in the fridge untouched :shock: so you can all come round and have some :D
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Yay! Road trip! or is it Plane Ride/Cruise Ship? Do cruise ships travel from the US to the UK? I've never been on a plane before. Or a cruise ship for that matter, and honestly, I don't readily see myself doing either. :lol: Oh well, I guess, I'll just have to let you UK folks enjoy the feast. :lol: :lol: Be sure to let me know how yummy they are. :lol:
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Yay, thats good to hear :) (particularly the bit about the chocs still being in the fridge... I'd run... if I could!)
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
abbyneo

Post by abbyneo »

Nettle wrote:
No, still in the fridge untouched :shock: so you can all come round and have some :D
Do you ship to Texas?!?!! :) Wedding next weekend, could use cal-free chocolate!