My garden stinks

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

BCMumto3

My garden stinks

Post by BCMumto3 »

Now the snow is melting ive noticed a distinctly disgusting smell whenever I leave the front door open (which is for most of the day as the dogs love playing out there)
Its not poo because ive checked , besides I pick up any poo straight away as otherwise Teddy eats it

Any ideas as to what I can do about it and what it could possibly be ?
Ari_RR

Re: My garden stinks

Post by Ari_RR »

I would venture a guess.. A dead animal or a bird somewhere.

Here is a true story, from our own experience.
We park cars in the garage.
Every morning we go into garage to leave for work - horrible smell in the garage.
Looked everywhere - nothing.
Stangest thing - every evening we park in the garage when come home - no smell! Next morning - horrible stench again.
Fnally found the root cause - a bird somehow got stuck behind the front grill of one of the cars and died there.
I tried pulling it out, but couldn't, it's really stuck there.
So, decision made - take it to the dealer next morning and let them deal with this, no matter how much it costs, because the smell is unbearable.
But in order to avoid the smell in the garage, I left the car outside for the night.
Next morning I am ready to drive to the dealer - the dead bird is gone! Completely gone, only a couple of feathers on the ground.
What happened to it? Still don't know for sure, but suspect that racouns came out during the night, and with their tiny hands managed to pull the dead bird out! Issue solved!
Morale of the story - perhaps we should just let the Nature take care of some of our problems, and she won't let us down :lol:

If I were you - I would look for a dead animal somewhere.....
BCMumto3

Re: My garden stinks

Post by BCMumto3 »

Awww poor birdie , but ewww for you having that stink every morning

I've already searched and theres no dead animal
Its been suggested it could just be rotting vegetation which is what im leaning towards , I just hope it rots quickly cos ewwww