How many breed items do you own?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

wvvdiup1

How many breed items do you own?

Post by wvvdiup1 »

As I look around me, I have all these dog figurines of different dog breeds and have noticed that I have three different dog figurines, or "knick knacks", of Akitas. I don't have a favorite breed, but if someone would come into my house, providing Karma lets them in, they would think I favor the Akita more than any other breed! It is possible I might actually favor the breed? I don't think so, because I love all breeds of dogs, but this doesn't seem consistent with me.

Do any of you have items of a particular dog breed?
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
JudyN

Re: How many breed items do you own?

Post by JudyN »

I have this picture on the wall, which I adore: http://www.barbarakarn.co.uk/detail.php?i=309&page=32 I bought it for OH for Xmas as I loved it so much :wink: We also both have t shirts bearing the words 'The dog in front is a lurcher', sold by the Lurcher Link rehoming organisation. I have 'The House Lurcher' and 'Running Dog Maintenance' books, the latter also bought as a present for OH (but he can't read it because it's full of pics of gory injuries). Oh, and I have an Emma Bridgewater lurcher mug.

I must think of some more lurcher items I want - I mean OH wants - for Xmas :wink:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Pug wallets
Pug purse
7= pug stuffed animals
Pug necklaces
Pug keychains
my dad has a Pug wine cork
Pug calendar

Then, of course, there's my aunts house in the Philippines where even the couches are pug colored.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7290&p=49711&hilit ... lia#p49711
--dontpugme
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Holy "Pug", dontpugme! :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

Nothing, all the chi stuff tends to be naff/short haired chis :D Oh, someone gave me the "Owner's guide to chihuahuas" book ... "They don't need much walking, are hard to house train, stubborn ..." I really must chuck it out :lol:
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

dontpugme wrote:Pug wallets
Pug purse
7= pug stuffed animals
Pug necklaces
Pug keychains
my dad has a Pug wine cork
Pug calendar

Then, of course, there's my aunts house in the Philippines where even the couches are pug colored.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7290&p=49711&hilit ... lia#p49711
This reminds me of my nephew's wife - she has a pug she absolutely adores (who is aptly named Schmuff - named for the sound he makes when he breathes). She has everything pug in her house from coffee mugs to mouse pads to a pug t-shirt. Maybe it's a pug thing! :lol:

Meanwhile, besides Piper herself, I have nothing 'corgi' in my house. The only breed thing I do have is a golden retriever mug my sister gave me years ago when I had my beloved golden. But I'm not a collector in general, so I guess it makes sense for me! :D :wink: :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

I guess pug owners tend to be slightly obsessive...most of the stuff on that list came from my aunt. Every fair/rodeo we go to where you win stuffed animals has a pug or pug-looking dog that I feel like I'm obligated to rescue from where they're hanging...that is until I realize I have spent over $20 throwing plastic rings at bottles. :lol:
--dontpugme