I think someone has swapped my border collies :shock:

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

BCMumto3

I think someone has swapped my border collies :shock:

Post by BCMumto3 »

Its not that warm here today , kinda breezy and looks like rain , so as a treat I decided to give my lot an extra walk ... So I go and get their harnesses and call them , nothing happened :o

So I jangle the harnesses again and shout walkies ... again nothing :o

I try a third time and this time one very bleary eyed Teddy appears , takes one look at me , yawns and promptly turns around and goes back into the living room where he jumps onto his chair and lies down
Toffee is on the other chair and doesnt even blink an eyelid ... Gypsy , as I discovered when I hunted for her , was crashed on my bed and did nothing more than thump her tail a few times at me

So much for energetic , 24/7 ready for anything border collies :lol:
Suzette

Re: I think someone has swapped my border collies :shock:

Post by Suzette »

:lol: :lol: I guess a snooze sounds better than a stroll in the rain! (To me too!) :lol: :lol:
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

:lol: - I wish my lot were like that, they keep demanding walks when its FAR too hot for them at the moment!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
CanineandCo

Post by CanineandCo »

I have two border collie crosses and they are both very different! One who is energetic, full of life and always ready to go out for a run and then the younger one - who is slow and steady and likes to sleep! But then I guess it depends on the breed they are crossed with! Either way - I wouldn't change them for the world - I love them to pieces! :D
Blog and Website Address - http://www.canineandco.co.uk
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/CanineandCo
Twitter - @CanineHenry
Secret Someone

Post by Secret Someone »

I feel guilty with my border collie - if I'm too unwell to play or he has to wait ages to walk, he doesn't turn into a nagging nightmare, he literally curls up and sleeps. This is wonderful when I'm ill but I feel guilty... I feel like he should be giving me grief or something! As soon as I initiate play or walks he's the most bouncy, energetic collie dog in the world, but he does seem to have the ability to switch off when necessary.
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

I'd take it that this means that most of the time you do a great job of keeping him entertained so he's able to cope with a little down time when you can't :wink:
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
Secret Someone

Post by Secret Someone »

I think I'm still paranoid that I'm doing it all wrong! We play roughly 3 times per day, even if it's only for 2 minutes at a time, and do at least one training session. He also gets between 90mins and 2hrs of walks per day. Sometimes if I'm poorly he has to wait quite a long time for the day to start though. When he was on dry/wet food he'd get really restless but he doesn't at all with raw food.

I guess I always thought getting a border collie would mean having a manic dog who would cause havoc if I couldn't keep up. It didn't really occur to me that when he's asleep on my feet it's because he's satisfied, even though I'm not giving him as much as I'd like to.