No effort to wee outside

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Bingles

No effort to wee outside

Post by Bingles »

Hiya I really was not sure where to post this so if its in the wrong lace I appologise.

Over the last day or so I have noticed Bingles has made no effort to let us know that she needs to get out for a wee. Normally she is very good but just out of the blue nothing. Can anyone sugest reasons for this? Thanks.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Not enough information :D

Do you mean she has suddenly started weeing in the house? Or that she waits by the door and says nothing? What does she usually do?

Sudden onset of weeing in the house means either an infection or insecurity. Off to the vet with a wee sample, and get her tested if so.

If it's insecurity - again we need to know more - what has happened recently that is different? Is she due a season? That often is preceded by a greater need to wee.

Whatever, go back to puppy days and take her out every hour, after meals, after play etc.
Bingles

Post by Bingles »

Hiya Nettle , No she isn't even waiting by the door she is just walking around the house and letting it flow.

I can't think of anything that has happened that would cause her any insecurity. So it may be an infection. How do even begin to get a sample?

She is 5 Months old now So could it be Heat? I though She wouldnt go into that till she was 6 months.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Sounds very like an infection to me (you ever had cystitis?).

Best way to get a sample from a ***** is to have something like a small frying pan, walk her because they like to wee on walks, and shove the container under when she squats.

Yes you will look silly :D so just pretend it isn't happening.