week one

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

danastinson

week one

Post by danastinson »

All is going good maya is sleeping in her bed a small amount of aggression with coco but only if they get stuck in small spaces together. I am debating on leaving maya out tomorrow while I'm at work and to see how that goes.

Mayas first training was yesterday she was a little scared she there is a hound puppy in her class. She did learn to lay down yay.

Maya gets to meet the blue for the first time today. So super excited. Thanks for all your advice.
Erica

Re: week one

Post by Erica »

If you do leave Maya out tomorrow, be sure to keep them separated. Two females generally are at higher risk of getting into a serious, life-or-death fight than any other combination of familiar dogs. Since one has a history of fighting, and there have been previous incidents, they should definitely only interact when supervised. We supervise our two girls and crate the younger one when nobody's home, even though they've never shown aggression to each other. (Mostly posted for people who come looking for advice but don't want to post. ;) )
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
bendog

Post by bendog »

Yup, we also have had bad fights between our two girls and they are not left together when we are not around. Not worth the risk.
danastinson

Post by danastinson »

They did really well yesterday. Thanks for your advice I did my best to keep them seperated but when they go outside I cant do anything about it since I'm not the one home to let them out :( . They meet my boys as well and I was afraid that I would have problems since Coco is protective of my youngest but she didn't care and she let Maya get to say hello first then she smothered both boys. I loved it :D (I dont think my boys did so much)