That awkward moment

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sarah83

That awkward moment

Post by Sarah83 »

when you're caught dancing around your living room with your dog. There was a group of people outside my window apparently watching me dance with Spen to Rasputin, they waved and laughed when they caught my eye :oops: I suppose I should be grateful that the window was shut so they probably couldn't hear me singing as well as see me dancing :lol:
Nettle

Re: That awkward moment

Post by Nettle »

:oops:

Or when you are a roughie toughie hardcore working dog person and someone catches you making up nursery rhymes for your puppy.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Nettle wrote::oops:

Or when you are a roughie toughie hardcore working dog person and someone catches you making up nursery rhymes for your puppy.
Haha :lol: I change song lyrics to sing them to my dog but I don't think I've ever made up nursery rhymes for any of them.
bendog

Post by bendog »

:lol: :lol:

Nettle, we all knew you have a soft side really :D

I'm past caring what I look like now.
I'm often seen sprinting full pelt across the park wildly waving my arms about having races with my dogs, or hiding behind trees from them.
Boyfriends mates often come round and find me running around upstairs playing hide and seek with the dogs. I forget sometimes that I'm meant to be an adult now :roll:
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Who said adults can't run and play? Never loose the inner child or be ashamed to express it. No matter how awkward it might be from time to time. It just goes to show those other folks what they are missing. :lol:
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

Nettle wrote::oops:

well that just shattered my entire image of you :cry: :lol:

just kidding
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I know I often talk to Karma as though she was another person. However, seeing the reaction on people's faces when they see me talking to my dog: PRICELESS! :lol:

Well, it's better than talking to a cat who doesn't care what you have to say, when a dog listens to every word you say and cares about you! :P
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
Erica

Post by Erica »

I do the same thing. Whenever someone's working at the house, I talk to the dogs to reassure the person that I've got them under control. I know the dogs follow me anyway, but I make it seem like they're listening to my every word, which makes most people feel more comfortable even if it isn't true. When I'm taking Zeus outside, for example, I'll keep up a stream of "Alright buddy, let's go outside. I know that guy's got a really interesting vacuum cleaner but we're going to ignore it, aren't we? This way round the chair, thank you...wait here for a second while I grab your harness. Alrighty, we're ready. Sit, wait," - open door, wait a few seconds - "...okay, let's go."

Similar thing when people we don't know are passing by on a walk. "I know you want to say hello to the nice person, but we're going to be training today and they look like they're having a nice walk. Will you sit...good boy, have a treat. I see people." (my cue for "look, there's a person" so the dogs don't get startled) "Check -" (check in with me) "Good boy, have a treat. I see people...check...good doggy..."

I do shamelessly talk to Opal for no reason, though. :) She makes very interesting faces, almost like she's responding to me.
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

wvvdiup1 wrote:I know I often talk to Karma as though she was another person. However, seeing the reaction on people's faces when they see me talking to my dog: PRICELESS! :lol:

Well, it's better than talking to a cat who doesn't care what you have to say, when a dog listens to every word you say and cares about you! :P
I have to admit I do that with Jack sometimes :oops:
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

Is Spen a Boney M fan then Sarah :shock: :lol:

I am often seen carrying a pole with a string attached to a little cuddly which Ted will have in his mouth following me, I look like I'm fishing :shock: Also my fave recall is to lie down when Ted's not looking, as soon as he looks up he races flat out to me and jumps through my legs onto my stomach :lol:
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
ladybug1802

Post by ladybug1802 »

I often chat to Dylan like he is a person! Or else when I call him back to me on walks I squeak like a mad person "goooooooddd boooooyyy, whooooss a gooood boy yaaaayy!!" No wonder I often dont see anyone on walks...they probably hear me coming and go the other way!
bendog

Post by bendog »

Oh, talking is normal :) We have whole conversations!
I am often seen carrying a pole with a string attached to a little cuddly which Ted will have in his mouth following me, I look like I'm fishing
:lol:

Or when you have chunks of heart drying on your windowsill and your grandmother comes round :?
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

And how often do you chat to your dog and then suddenly realise he's understood what you've said when you're sure he doesn't know the words you've used? :shock: I've told Jasper many a time that he can't possibly have understood what I just said, but he clearly has :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I often wonder if dogs understood what we were saying to them, or hear anything we've told another person, will they tell on us or just keep it a secret between them and the person who told them? :wink: :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
danastinson

Post by danastinson »

I got caught snuggling my dogs squeeky toy not realizing she left the bed. :oops: