Vent!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Suzette

Re: Vent!

Post by Suzette »

Ouch Nettle! :( It is such a shame that dogs that haven't been taught better are let off leash. Hope you are feeling better soon.
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Thank you all. Very lame today but luckily Mr. Nettle is home today so the dogs will get two good walks.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
mansbestfriend

Post by mansbestfriend »

Get well soon.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single Sit.
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Feel better soon Nettle
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Master2, you left us hanging here: what did the doctor say about your tummy troubles?

Nettle, how are you mending after getting mowed down by that loose dog?

Erica, how are you holding up at your house?

Well I've got my own pity party going: I've been suffering from an eczema flare for a year, and it has gotten ten times worse in just the last few weeks. In fact, I've never had a flare this severe or extensive in an entire lifetime with eczema! But now my feet are swollen. I can barely walk, just hobbling and mince stepping along. I saw the nurse practitioner today, and I have cellulitis. The worst part of course, is we are having glorious weather this week, but I can't walk my dogs. :cry:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

I hope things settle down quickly for you Fundog and you are able to get back out there before the lovely weather goes away.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Fundog, how about working with cleansing herbs for liver and kidneys? Over here I'd recommend dandelion and milk thistle, but you may have different herbs.

Thank you MPb - still very lame but getting there.

master2

Post by master2 »

Hi

Sorry Fundog but I wanted to wait until I had been to the doctors yesterday for my blood results.

OK so last week when I saw her she told me to go wheat free again and to see if that help and she wanted me to have a blood test and have an ultrasound on my entire stomach and also look at other ogarons near that area. Then to come back and see her in on Tuesday ( yesterday) for the results.

Well I went yesterday and was shocked she started with my blood results they were all fine I'm not gluten intolerance and am not allergic to wheat and my cholesterol, blood sugar, kidneys , liver ect were normal. So I'm healthy however I was still getting the pains she said the ultrasound has shown something both of my ovaries are not normal and I can't have children she feels this is what could be causing my pain. She want me to have more tests done and the check my womb. She said we need to get to the bottom of why your ovaries are not normal now when you had no problems before.

I will keep you informed with what happens.
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Nettle, that's a capital idea, and in fact the dandelions are just popping up. :) We have milk whistle too, but it isn't in bloom just yet. Burdick is another good cleansing herb. In fact, my veterinarian has a formula I can order from him. I think I will do that as soon as I finish my Sun therapy (vitamin D is supposed to help with eczema.)

Master I'm so sorry to hear about your ultrasound. I hope they can get you sorted. As for the digestive issues, you might just have irritable bowel syndrome. :?
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Erica

Post by Erica »

After that...episode, she seems to have realized that my "deadpan" face was me keeping my anger under control (which I worked very hard to be able to do, for years, because I'm a naturally impulsive person and I didn't like the way that manifested when I was angry...). And since then I think we have said two words to each other, literally. Either "hi" or "hey" as an acknowledgement that the other existed. That's it. :lol: It's working for me.

Maybe it's juvenile, but I moved my gaming console to my room; previously, she'd started using it to watch various streaming programs on the TV in the room I train/groom/feed Delta in. When she started watching TV back there, she also started moving the furniture and literally everything around (including my tax documents, which I'd had organized, and which I couldn't find for a couple hours when I did finally sit down to do my taxes...), which is what sparked that fight. Since I moved that out, she's abandoned the room. I don't feel too bad as she would leave the programs paused for hours and burn images into the TV screen (which do eventually fade but it can take a while), or leave the console running for hours so that it overheated and froze, causing me to have to unplug it and plug it back in, risking damage to the memory stuff. She didn't treat my stuff with respect, is the long and short of it, so she doesn't get to use it.

I've also started switching my computer's keyboard to Dvorak setup when I leave it, in case she gets tired of the slow family computer and tries to sneak onto mine. Good luck doing literally anything with an unfamiliar keyboard setup and keys that don't match the letter they display! :P

We've decided that since she's not doing anything, we will have to pay for her health insurance for a while so she doesn't have an excuse to avoid treatment. I'll be paying for the second month, IF she is getting treatment. I don't have the spare money to throw away if she's not using it.

Fundog, that really stinks. Best wishes to you to find something that helps!
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
ScarletSci

Post by ScarletSci »

Fundog wrote:Master2, you left us hanging here: what did the doctor say about your tummy troubles?

Nettle, how are you mending after getting mowed down by that loose dog?

Erica, how are you holding up at your house?

Well I've got my own pity party going: I've been suffering from an eczema flare for a year, and it has gotten ten times worse in just the last few weeks. In fact, I've never had a flare this severe or extensive in an entire lifetime with eczema! But now my feet are swollen. I can barely walk, just hobbling and mince stepping along. I saw the nurse practitioner today, and I have cellulitis. The worst part of course, is we are having glorious weather this week, but I can't walk my dogs. :cry:
Weird tip, but you'll have to trust me on this that it worked wonderfully for me... I get eczema mainly on my hands, more so when I'm stressed and run down. Once they got very bad, cracked, sore and bleeding, and fighting infection. Someone recommended cinnamon in warm water. Just bathing my hands in it when they felt sore, or two or three times a day - and it cleared them up so well, and so fast! Much better than any hydrocortisone cream. I've no idea why it works, but it worked for me! Easy enough to add it to a low level bath, although you'd need to rinse afterwards!

Erica, sorry your sister is driving you nuts! For what it's worth, I like the way you're handling it :D

Nettle, I hope you and the dogs are doing better! What (if anything) did the mastiff's owner say when it happened?? I'd be mortified if my dog knocked someone over, awful.

Had to VOD another dog today that came running across the field towards us, bee-lining for my two. I had just enough time to get mine on lead and behind me (I love a reliable recall!) then stop the other dog in it's tracks. It didn't seem aggressive, but it was an entire bully breed type I didn't know, and I'm not taking chances, even if the dog is rude rather than mean. He buggered off, two girls called him back, and we carried on. When we got near to them again, they'd put him on lead, and I explained that mine had been attacked by a staffy a few years ago, and is wary of strange dogs, which is why I'd stopped hers. She said "Oh, he isn't a staffy! He's an Alapaha Bulldog." :roll: I explained that my dog couldn't tell the difference, he's just nervous of strange dogs...

Seemed like a nice enough dog, and I saw her do some training with him. But I'd never heard of that type of Bulldog, so had to look it up when I got home. Seems likely to be an American import, since he had cropped ears :evil: and he was at least a year or more old but still entire. Which almost certainly means there's gonna be more bully breeds backyard bred in my area and bought as status symbols and untrained :x
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Terrific tip about the cinnamon! :D

Erica, you are doing SO well - and now you have better times ahead.

BMastiff owner DID ask if I was all right, but at that stage I was in so much pain I couldn't tell. I told him with deadly politeness to take his dog away as I was actually worried he was going to let it go again.

Then I had to get home :o :shock: But I've been SO lucky that nothing is broken. One of my ligaments isn't too impressed, though.

JudyN

Post by JudyN »

ScarletSci, do you use normal powdered cinnamon? How much/what dilution do you use? OH gets eczema, though it moves around his body and this year it's on his back/back of neck. So not so easy to soak, and I'm not sure I can persuade him to put it in the bath...
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Judy for those awkward places, I would make a poultice. Mix the cinnamon with water to form a paste, spread thinly on the area, then cover with a warm damp towel, covered again by a dry towel to keep the moist heat in, and relax for 20 minutes, then rinse and apply a thick moisturizing cream. My dermatologist instructed me to do the same thing, but not rinse, with my prescription cream, to help my skin absorb it better.

I will give the cinnamon a try. Cinnamon has antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties.

In my case, the antibiotic and ibuprofen are working, and the swelling is gone. The rash on my ankles is not nearly so red and angry, though it is not shrinking either. I've begun experimenting with an elimination diet, to rule out a food allergy, beginning with wheat. I doubt if wheat is the issue, but I still have to rule it out.

Our lovely weather has turned, but today Mr. Fundog is walking the girls while I clean house.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Thanks Fundog, I'll see if I can bully him into it :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009