Vent!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JudyN

Re: Vent!

Post by JudyN »

Nettle wrote:Raw brassicas do affect thyroid function, but you'd need to eat a field full every day!
A few Nutribullet fans I know can't be far off :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

:lol: My sister and I call it "pond slime and lawn clippings" yum yum!
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Erica

Post by Erica »

getting yelled at first thing in the morning because i moved a couch back to its normal position so i could train and groom delta

She's moving out soon, hopefully, god please let her move out soon living with her is hell

On the plus side Delta naturally provides deep pressure therapy when I'm in great distress so if i ever need a psychiatric service dog he'll be a great candidate

Edit: so she is planning to move out in about a month...in the meantime, she has aspirations to take over the room delta normally eats in. I wouldn't be able to get him to eat raw elsewhere in the house but I could probably feed him kibble in my room. Is it worth the fight? I don't know I don't like confrontation and i dont like her and all i want is to not have to talk to her or look at her at all but delta's breath smells bad because i've been too stressed to order more raw for the past couple weeks. I just don't know what to do. My parents are supportive but she's just so completely self-centered that any minor request made of her is a personal attack, no matter what angle it comes from.

She was gone for a few hours yesterday and I was HAPPY and had energy to do things I'd wanted to do for the first time in weeks but she's back already and it's gone. I can hear her coughing across the house and it is just a reminder that i'm not welcome to be myself around her.
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

(((((Hugs))))) :( This too will pass. She clearly has 'issues' and it's harder when it's family, so confronting her may cause more stress than not confronting her. OTOH, if I were her parent I wouldn't be letting her dictate who does what where - I don't think they're being supportive enough.

Can you feed Delta outside? Jasper has his carcasses outside unless it's raining hard, but your temperature is bound to be more extreme than ours. Or could you compromise and just feed him mince but not bones? It might not cure his bad breath but minty dog toothpaste might. Or how about in your room on a duvet cover/large towel?
Erica

Post by Erica »

They try their best, but she just doesn't listen to or (the main issue) respect anyone. So while they don't let her dictate things, she...does it anyways. She's still holding onto things from years and years ago (because being asked to drive your sibling to an orchestra concert they're playing in is super traumatizing, apparently) and thinks that these little things give her permission to do what she wants. Parents have forbidden her from messing with my stuff in my old room (she wants to move in there but I can't move my stuff out of there until the couch in my current room sells, which we have told her twenty times and which she still complains about almost daily) and partaking in the substances she was abusing, and stuff like that. It's more that she's in the room I feed him in at the time I would be feeding him, and as you say, confronting her is more stressful than not confronting her.

Outside would be an option - I could feed kibble or mince inside for a few meals every now and then if the weather's bad. It won't get too hot for another month or so; today was chilly enough to warrant long sleeves. I don't know if he'll eat outside, as he's finicky about his eating environment, but it's definitely worth a try.

She definitely has things going on with her brain or chemistry levels or something, but refuses to acknowledge it. The whole world is out to get her and it's anyone's fault but her own; there are ghosts in her room (even if you believe in ghosts, nobody's ever died in this house and it is not any kind of burial ground; the dirt is way too rocky to be ideal for that!) because something fell off a slanted surface so she can't sleep there and must sleep in the back den; my methods of organization look like clutter to her and cause her great anxiety (so stay out of my room then?); etc etc etc. It's why I've been as compliant as I can stand to be for however long it's been (and I am a very patient and flexible person), but there are just some things that are the way they are for a reason (like my body wash is in the shower because...that's where I use it, not at the sink). But apparently having three bottles (shampoo, body wash, and shaving gel) in the shower caddy, compared to her dozen, is too many and one of mine must be moved to the sink. At some point it's just too much.

Anyways, my stress levels are up and my brain isn't functioning well, so that's why I've been a bit quiet around here. I know I'm not thinking well at all at the moment.

Haha, and thank goodness for the Lazarus add on to my browser or I would have lost this post. Take that, captcha!
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Thinking of you, Erica, with hugs and moral support. When life drops this kind of unhappiness on us, remember:This too shall pass.

master2

Post by master2 »

Hi guys

Well I think today I have found out what has been causing my stomach cramps.

After my cramps last week I was fine the next day but then today I had the exact same cramps and bowl movements so I started thinking and I realsied maybe it's my body reacting to wheat as I was eating wheat free for 4 weeks as in December I started getting these really bad migranes that I use to get as a kid and I would have them every week so I was put on tablest but none of them work. I tried eliminateing trigger foods but this did nothing long story short in the same 4 week period I tried going wheat free and drinking more water in the end it was dehydration as I still was eating bits of wheat.

So going back to the cramps now I know my migranes are caused by dehydration I started eating all things wheat again , pasta , normal gravey, bread, wraps ect. And the only thing in common with last week and today is wheat as iv not eaten any meat today and had no chocolate so maybe I'm allergic to wheat. Iv read up on this and stomach cramps and loose bowls seem to be symptoms. So I think I shall stop eating wheat and see how I go.
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Did you know gluten intolerance can be detected with a simple blood test? I suggest you ask your doctor to order a blood draw. Incidentally, do you also suffer from a skin disorder? Celiac disease can also present in the skin, and looks a lot like eczema.
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Erica

Post by Erica »

It can also be helpful to keep a food diary so you can know what you've eaten. It could be dairy, nuts, certain fruits, who knows! The lady I chauffeur has IBS and has a very restricted diet called a "low FODMAP" diet; so many thing set her gut off it would be nearly impossible to notice a pattern on her own. If it continues for a while, talk to a doctor! They know so much more than we could guess.
master2

Post by master2 »

Thanks guys

Iv made an appointment for today so I will get back to you. My appointment is at 10:00 today.

When the doctor wanted me to cut migrane trigger foods out the first one was dairy. I had to stop eating cheese, milk, yogurt ect. When I was still getting them she wanted me to stop eating chocolate after that did not work I had to stop eating meat then I had to stop eating bananas as I only like them and oranges there the only fruit I like. After all these that's when she wanted me to stop eating wheat and drink more water. I had to do each for 4 week periods. I know it's not dairy, fruit ect as I have been having them in my diet for over 2 months with no problems. This stomach thing only started when I put wheat back in my diet.
Erica

Post by Erica »

My younger sister will not move back home while oldest sister (the problem child) is here. :lol: We may try to rent an apartment or something together over the summer if oldest sister doesn't actually move out or get help soon. (This is easy in our area as we're in a college town, so there are plenty of summer sub-lets available. Delta qualifies as an ESA, if I get a psychiatrist to vouch. I've been wanting to talk with one anyways so I think it's time for that!)
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

2 hours ago while quietly walking my dogs, I was body-slammed by a bullmastiff. Lucky not to break my leg. Lucky I didn't quite fall over. Avatar Lady with the permanently lame leg got chased. I managed to get Babydog on lead (she could outrun it but she gets panicky when attacked - who doesn't?).

Took me ages to hobble home. I am NOT amused. :evil:

Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Erica wrote:My younger sister will not move back home while oldest sister (the problem child) is here. :lol: We may try to rent an apartment or something together over the summer if oldest sister doesn't actually move out or get help soon. (This is easy in our area as we're in a college town, so there are plenty of summer sub-lets available. Delta qualifies as an ESA, if I get a psychiatrist to vouch. I've been wanting to talk with one anyways so I think it's time for that!)

Sounds like a plan, Erica! :D

Sanna

Post by Sanna »

Nettle wrote:2 hours ago while quietly walking my dogs, I was body-slammed by a bullmastiff. Lucky not to break my leg. Lucky I didn't quite fall over. Avatar Lady with the permanently lame leg got chased. I managed to get Babydog on lead (she could outrun it but she gets panicky when attacked - who doesn't?).

Took me ages to hobble home. I am NOT amused. :evil:
Ouch. Lucky indeed. Some people :evil: Glad you and the girls are ok(ish)!
I am petrified of P accidentally but seriously injuring someone by knocking them over or body slamming them, it wouldn't take much- hence he is simply not given the opportunity to do so, ever (unless he's around consenting adults only, namely myself.. I've been sent flying a couple of times, still in one piece thankfully :lol: )
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I hope you're all OK, Nettle, and got at least some semblance of apology :?

I sort of have the opposite problem with Jasper - I can't convince my friend that when he hurtles towards her like an Exocet missile he won't bump into her, as long as she stays still and keeps her elbows in :lol: If she tries to step aside, that's another matter, as he might be about to fly past on that side. But he never actually collides with anyone, as long as he's not being chased by another dog and is looking back to judge just how fast he should go to keep the game going.