Vent!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

emmabeth

Re: Vent!

Post by emmabeth »

With my mod hat on (and I am waving a finger at myself here too!!) - bringing quotes from things said elsewhere, to here - big nortiness indeed. Mmm.

If this were a thread labelled with said persons name, I'd delete it, but it isn't - so I won't, but can we bear this in mind for the future, here isn't for that sort of thing (as frustrating as that sort of thing is, one IS welcome to have your say over there of course!).

TO round this one off, several lengthy emails have been exchanged, points made and heard and whilst I suspect I am not his favourite person in the world right now, he has certainly taken the time to read and presumably consider what I have said and respond accordingly and thats a helluva lot more than I'd get from a lot of high profile persons out there!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
OnceInAWeil

Post by OnceInAWeil »

That is great that you had a chance to talk with him, Emmabeth. I hope your words sink in.
gwd

Post by gwd »

OnceInAWeil wrote:That is great that you had a chance to talk with him, Emmabeth. I hope your words sink in.
i hope emmabeth drilled a good deep hole first before she inserted the words.. that improves the chance of it working ........at least it did in armageddon. someone call bruce willis and ben affleck.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Ari_RR wrote:I tried to envision this... Seems that going under may work on the way in, but how would it work on the way out? He would end up going out the gate by himself....
Shouldn't be a problem - I can go into the V, close the gate towards the heath side, thread his lead under and coax him through - it's a 6-foot lead so has plenty of slack. Of course, he might take more coaxing to get out than in :lol:

Gwd, yes, going under isn't really a problem - but up till now he's been stopped in his tracks by fences/gates that any self-respecting dog of his size could easily go under or over, and it's much safer that way (just off to the side of the fenced area is an area where he's seen deer in the past, which runs alongside a busy road...).
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Whoops sorry about that I had no idea it was a no no :oops: I've removed them.
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Inconsiderate parking - for one of our regular walks, there are two laybys close together joined by a service road. This morning a caravan & car had parked right across one of the laybys, taking up the room of 5 cars. I had to parallel park in the service road and my parallel parking skills are terrible, particularly when I have a rear-view mirror full of dog.

Then just after I'd loaded up Jasper for the return home, a coach pulled up right alongside me in the service road to drop off a load of senior citizen ramblers who, judging by the time it took them to get off the coach, wouldn't be nipping round the heath in a hurry. The coach driver must have seen me putting Jasper in the car and if he'd stopped 10 yards earlier could have let all his passengers off without me having to wait until he drove off. Just plain inconsiderate :evil:
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

WufWuf don't worry, its my bad in the first place really for venting here about an issue on FB, sometimes I forget I am meant to be the responsible one and you lot so VERY rarely NEED moderating, lol, you are so so good! *gives everyone a cookie*..

JudyN - I would report that kissing gate set up to the local Rights of Way officer(s) -there ARE regulations over what is and isn't allowed and whilst I can see they may well need a kissing gate there instead of a normal gate, that one is VERY restrictive, and restricting who can access footpaths is a big nono. The landowner has done that because its the cheap option, as the regulation gates are damn expensive (they are also quite a bit bigger!).

I kicked up a fuss about one here that denied me access to MILES of footpath and got it changed to one I can open with a RADAR key and whilst thats probably not necessary there, mentioning it would be a good idea!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
gwd

Post by gwd »

emmabeth wrote: RADAR key
???? :?
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Here you go, gwd: http://www.radar-shop.org.uk/Detail.aspx?id=0

I checked up this morning, and there's another entrance just 100yds or so further down where they've also installed a kissing gate, but a deeper, rectangular one. That one also leads onto paths more suitable for wheelchairs & people with limited disability. I'm still not sure you'd get a full sized wheelchair/mobility scooter through it, though there are several other access points further away, so I guess they're balancing cost-cutting with the needs of less mobile people.
gwd

Post by gwd »

JudyN wrote:Here you go, gwd: http://www.radar-shop.org.uk/Detail.aspx?id=0
thanks! i had no clue such a thing existed.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

emmabeth wrote:..... its my bad in the first place really for venting here about an issue on FB, sometimes I forget I am meant to be the responsible one and you lot so VERY rarely NEED moderating, lol, you are so so good! *gives everyone a cookie*......
your allowed to vent too.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

OH wanders into the kitchen while I'm in the front room...

'Oi! Jasper! No! Off! Stop it! No! Don't do that! Leave'... Jude, what should I do?'

Erm, am I supposed to be psychic or able to see round corners? :shock: :roll: :evil:

Jasper then walked in here looking as sweet and innocent as usual... he'd been trying to prewash all the washing-up on the worktop. We should have just put it on the floor!
bendog

Post by bendog »

Almost given up on ever getting poppy successfully housetrained :evil:

We have a strict routine for her in the morning and evening and if we vary from that routine even slightly it ends up with wee or poo in the house. The bedroom door has to be shut at night, we have to walk them before bed and I have to go out in the garden with her in the morning and make sure she does a wee, and then walk her within an hour of getting up so she will have a poo.

This morning I got up to let the dogs out and then left them outside to go to the loo myself, without watching to see if poppy had had a wee. When I came back down I let them in and went back upstairs for my shower (leaving back door open invade sash wanted to get up and go out). Came down to a wee AND poo from poppy on the carpet, despite a) I had let her out and told her to do a wee, although admittedly didn't watch her; b) the back door was open anyway so she could have gone out if she had any understanding of housetraining, and c) I left her for less than 10 minutes :evil:

Not what I want to be dealing with first thing in the morning (new carpet already ruined) our house stinks of piss despite using all the fancy cleaning stuff so I am too embarrassed to invite friends or family round and it just ruins the rest of the day for me when I've had to clean up **** as soon as I wake up.

Just want to go back to bed and give up on today now!
bendog

Post by bendog »

And there's a lady on Facebook who is a dog boarder and keeps posting photos of her cuddling the dogs who are staying who really don't look like they want to be picked up and cuddled!
bendog

Post by bendog »

Grrrr and poppy caught the scent of a bird or rabbit or something in the hedge and blew off her recall. She's been doing great lately, but not today it seems. :evil:
And I admit I got angry, and I know I shouldn't have done.