City orders dog to be destroyed for jumping

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

PikiPiki

City orders dog to be destroyed for jumping

Post by PikiPiki »

Not sure if this is allowed here, but, I was browsing and came upon this article.

Article preview:
Last October, Heidi, a Doberman Pinscher, was at a local market with her owner. The dog was leashed and under control.

A stranger approached and asked to pet Heidi. At the same moment that the man bent over to pet the dog, she popped up and hit his nose - unfortunately the man's nose was broken.

Now, the Assistant Deputy City Attorney wants Heidi destroyed - for attacking the man.
I'm sharing because it contains a petition to fight the charges and save the poor dogs life. It amazes me how little some people know about dogs. This was clearly an accident!

In the meantime, I think the owner's need to get that dog out of there.
maximoo

Re: City orders dog to be destroyed for jumping

Post by maximoo »

Wow! My dog jumps up & bumps people's noses too but he is only 42 lbs. Fortunately he hardly does it anymore. This article showed me that this is a lesson to be learned.I hope that Dobie is given a 2nd chance.
Sarah83

Re: City orders dog to be destroyed for jumping

Post by Sarah83 »

This is why I used to rush to tell people not to bend over Rupert. He didn't jump up but he'd throw his head up and whack them in the face if they leaned down over him. I think it's disgusting they want the poor dog killed for this but I can't say it really surprises me unfortunately.