Hound Houdinis needed for project with Victoria

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

BoardHost
Site Admin

Hound Houdinis needed for project with Victoria

Post by BoardHost »

Victoria is working on a project in the UK that requires the filming of two episodes featuring 'Hound Houdinis' - dogs who are great escape artists and have a propensity for running away, getting out of back gardens, bolting when off the lead, etc.

If you have a dog like this, are interested and willing to film for one day (either April 28 or 29 in the UK) with Victoria, or for more information please contact Emma Marshall: [email protected] or 07875-399-995.

Thanks, and feel free to spread the word!
Last edited by BoardHost on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoardHost
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

I have copied and posted onto the BIN website.
Hope this is ok. If you would like me to remove the phone number then just let me know.
Cheers Maggie :D
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Crossposted it to Lurcher Link, they seem to have several recently :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
BoardHost
Site Admin

Post by BoardHost »

Cross posting with the number is fine. The more the merrier.

Thanks!
BoardHost
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

It is surprising how many owners who complain about their dogs escaping or running off, suddenly their dogs don't do this :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
clairefoster

Post by clairefoster »

My dogs used to do this, but thanks to some help from Victoria, they dont tend to run off anymore, and when they do they come straight back. (Well most of the time!!!) :lol:
DawnStorm

Post by DawnStorm »

Man, if my shepherd-husky-lab mix were still alive! He was fence jumper and even managed to get out of a 'no jump' harness. :shock: I still don't know how he did that!
My current crew:
Bruce the Albino Dobe; Flanders the Belgian Malinut; Leela, Scuttlebutt, and Felix, da kitties.
All much-loved but not spoiled!
pat

Post by pat »

We used to have the greatest Houdini of all time. Hazel could get out of anywhere at any time but we did eventually make the garden escape proof. This not only involved good fencing but also making sure that she couldn't get onto the shed roof and jump out of the garden. A determined dog will go for any route it can find. Good luck with the project. There are so many desperate people who don't know what to do with their Houdinis that this programme will be very welcome.
Getting eliminated is all part of the fun, or so I was told
Me and my dogs

Re: Hound Houdinis needed for project with Victoria

Post by Me and my dogs »

BoardHost wrote:Victoria is working on a project in the UK that requires the filming of two episodes featuring 'Hound Houdinis' - dogs who are great escape artists and have a propensity for running away, getting out of back gardens, bolting when off the lead, etc.

If you have a dog like this, are interested and willing to film for one day (either April 28 or 29 in the UK) with Victoria, or for more information please contact Emma Marshall: [email protected] or 07875-399-995.

Thanks, and feel free to spread the word!
Here's an episode I can't wait to see!

It seems fence jumping (or digging under) or any kind of escape artist plan is such a self rewarding activity it's difficult to correct.

My new girl, a border/pointer/terrier type mix, brilliant at this.

As soon as I discovered the problem (thankfully I was home when it happened) I immediately did a few things to correct the issue.

While it involves some wire fencing that goes partially below ground I've also landscaped in a way (trust me, my yard needed it) that prevented or disrupted her attempts to fence run (fence running following squirrels on the fence may have been a contributing factor here). The fencing also comes out and curves away where I've got new shrubs, small trees, and decorative tall grasses. It has thoroughly disrupted her running patterns. While she's in the house w/ my other dogs when I'm at work, when I'm home and she's in the yard there are bones and other toys hidden around the yard (near the center), an agility tunnel she loves to run through now, and I come out occasionally to throw a frisbee for her. The goal was to keep her attention in the yard and show her that fun things happen here.

So far..... things are good!
The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. ~Eleanore Roosevelt
BoardHost
Site Admin

Post by BoardHost »

Victoria is looking for one more Hound Houdini - preferably in the London area. This is not for an episode of It's Me or the Dog, but rather for a private project. It would include one day's training from Victoria. For more info, please contact Emma Marshall at [email protected] or 07875-399-995.

Feel free to spread the word!

Thanks!
BoardHost
Sheena

Post by Sheena »

My dog is like this. He doesn't escape from the garden but he has no recall. When is the episode being shown please?
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

If victoria want to try her charms on my pair then she is more than welcome lol

Try as i amy, my boy just will not come back. he seems to think that everyone else is more fun than me
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

just thought as this post is quite old... has this been sorted for her?