Rupert Bear has gone to the Bridge

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ladybug1802

Re: Rupert Bear has gone to the Bridge

Post by ladybug1802 »

Oh no :( I am so so sorry..... :( You were the best mum Rupert could have wished for and he had an amazing life with you......I am so sorry he has been taken from you. xxx
Lol & Jasper

Post by Lol & Jasper »

So sorry to hear your sad news. Big hug to you.
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Thank you all. It seems so empty here without him.

Nettle, there will certainly be another dog in the hopefully not too distant future. I know some take months before they can even consider getting another dog and to some I'll seem cold and heartless but if the right dog came along today that would be fine by me. Nothing will replace Rupert or take away the pain of losing him but I can't imagine being dogless for too long.
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

Sarah83 wrote:I know some take months before they can even consider getting another dog and to some I'll seem cold and heartless but if the right dog came along today that would be fine by me. Nothing will replace Rupert or take away the pain of losing him but I can't imagine being dogless for too long.
It's good to hear you won't be dog less for long Sarah, you're such a great dog mom and there are so many dogs that need help. I have a friend who lost his dog years ago and says he'll never have another as it wouldn't be the same as his first dog, it's such a shame as he loves dogs so much and I hope one day he changes his mind.

Some lucky dog is out there who is going to benefit from all the things that Rupert taught you xxx
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
bendog

Post by bendog »

Oh Sarah, thats such sad news.

But I suspect another dog will help ease the pain somewhat and give you something new to focus on.

You gave Rupe so much. And of course he won't be forgotten.
xconfusedx

Post by xconfusedx »

My thoughts are with you x
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

ClareMarsh wrote: It's good to hear you won't be dog less for long Sarah, you're such a great dog mom and there are so many dogs that need help. I have a friend who lost his dog years ago and says he'll never have another as it wouldn't be the same as his first dog, it's such a shame as he loves dogs so much and I hope one day he changes his mind.

Some lucky dog is out there who is going to benefit from all the things that Rupert taught you xxx
Thanks. I adored Rupert, we clicked from the moment we met and although in theory he was about as far from my ideal dog as you can get he was somehow perfect for me. The thought of never owning another dog upsets me, I can't imagine not sharing my life with dogs. I'd like a puppy this time but we'll see what fate brings us :wink:
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Oh no I'm so sorry!

Words are really never adequate at times like these - I do know exactly what you mean about getting another quite soon. I didn't set out to get Ellie quite so soon after we lost the Orange Dog, but it felt 'right' and she really DID seem to have been sent our way by the Orange one.

So do what feels right and proper for you, and stuff what anyone else thinks! Any dog would be exceedingly lucky to tuck his paws under your table and Rupert has taught you SO much over the years. I think when you have had a dog like that, who teaches so much, its almost an insult to them NOT to get another dog, and use the knowledge you have gained!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Thanks Emmabeth. We will certainly have another dog, I couldn't not get one.

We're going to keep an eye on the ads, we've seen so many pups around the last couple of weeks that there's a chance we may end up with someone elses unwanted Christmas puppy. I don't know how people feel about getting a dog that way but they're only going to end up dumped in a shelter or worse otherwise.
maximoo

Post by maximoo »

Haven't been around the past 6 mths or so but I am so sorry to hear about Rupert. He was a great dog!
A famous dog behavior personality (the one who pokes) often says : "we don't always get the dog we want we get the dog we need " You needed Rupert to teach you, and when you are ready you will get another dog that you need to learn from & use Rupe's lessons on. There are so many things all of us here do not agree with concerning the one who pokes, but that is the one statement that makes perfect sense. Best of luck to you tho you've had a bunch of good luck with your beloved Rupe.
Staceyxxx

Post by Staceyxxx »

Sorry for your loss! xxxxxxxxxx
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Oh Sarah, I'm in shock, and so, SO sorry for your loss. :(
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Secret Someone

Post by Secret Someone »

I'm so sorry. Your adventures with Rupert were wonderful to read... The hard times and all. He was very lucky to have you. <3