Thank You All

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Nettle

Thank You All

Post by Nettle »

I'd just like to thank all of you who have stepped into the breach over the last ten days or so when Emms has been moving house, I have been ill, and also had a health scare (okay now thank goodness) with one of my dogs that involved a lot of tests and vet visits.

Thank you all who have repeated the information that needed repeating, re-iterated the instructions that needed re-iterating, explained over and over with kindness and generosity when methods needed explaining yet again, coped with the trolls, asked numerous times for the dog's daily schedule, found new ways of explaining things that hadn't been taken on board, guided people to the correct forums, put up links, and resolutely avoided getting the pip when sorely goaded.

It really made a difference being able to help when I was able while you all took the burden of the endless repetition.

Thank you.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
WufWuf

Re: Thank You All

Post by WufWuf »

Hope you're feeling a bit better and I'm so glad your dog is ok now :D
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
bendog

Post by bendog »

Thanks to you and emmabeth as well though Nettle.
You do so much for this forum and it wouldn't be what it is without the hard work you both put it.
The two of you never fail to teach me something new, and make me laugh and cheer me up when things get frustrating!

So glad your dog is ok now.
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

Sounds like you've been through the wringer the past week or so Nettle. I hope you're feeling much better and it's good to hear your dog is on the mend as well. :D

And I'm with Bendog - A huge thanks right back to you (and to Emmabeth) for all you two do to encourage, enlighten and educate here.:D :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Y ep, you guys have done BRILLIANTLY here and there is very little tidying up for me to do :) Excellent job folks and I am truly grateful (however I must dash as my 70 year old father is up a wobbly ladder doing something to a shed...!!)
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

emmabeth wrote:(however I must dash as my 70 year old father is up a wobbly ladder doing something to a shed...!!)

GAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH parents!!! :roll:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Ahh how the tides turns, once we were the one's doing dangerous things our parents had to worry about and now it's our turn to worry about them :wink:

Also a big thanks to everyone who makes this place so interesting, informative, helpful and such a nice place to be :D
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

ah shucks, twas nothing. :oops:

Just glad your doing better and you dog is ok.

Emma, might want to lock up all ladders and power tools into a shed under lock and key.
Labsrule

Post by Labsrule »

Glad you and your dog are better Nettle and that Emmabeth's move was relatively stright forward although suspect her Dad will cause more problems tha her animals :D
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

can dads be clicker trained?
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

He undoubtedly could... but as ever it is finding the reward he will work for.

It isn't food - he has a limited capacity for food and smells a rat if you get out the chocs or sweeties. It isn't booze, he drinks what he drinks and no more. Its not money, hes got more of that than I'll ever have and more than he knows what to spend it on.

Fast women and Loose cars would probably finish him off.. he has all the toys he needs that I could possibly get him...

So i am at a loss really, flattery works a bit, particularly if i can make him think hes been particularly clever - we are doing this with Errol, my dad now thinks it was HIS idea to not look at him, and hes been very clever at throwing food to him and working outside with errol watching through the french windows... teehee.

Hard work are dads.. hard hard work. Gimme dogs every day!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

Ah, but dads are so sensitive to negative reinforcement! Just hint, however obliquely,
that some task might be just a bit bit beyond them these days, and faster than you can
blink they'll be out there repairing the roof or pruning the trees or peering like Mr. Magoo
into some electrical circuit that's being iffy AND be grumpy about the insult for days to boot.

I agree, dads can be tough going.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

thepennywhistle wrote:Ah, but dads are so sensitive to negative reinforcement! Just hint, however obliquely,
that some task might be just a bit bit beyond them these days, and faster than you can
blink they'll be out there repairing the roof or pruning the trees or peering like Mr. Magoo
into some electrical circuit that's being iffy AND be grumpy about the insult for days to boot.
I wish that worked on husbands too :lol: Mind, OH can manage the grumpy bit, particularly if my mum and I gang up on him at the same time. Still doesn't get the pruning done though...
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

ya, sorry....husbands...we are immune to clicker training :twisted: :lol:
CoolDog

Post by CoolDog »

Jacksdad wrote: ya, sorry....husbands...we are immune to clicker training :twisted: :lol:
From someone who has been married 20 years, this is what I will say to your response: No you're not! You still roll over and beg! I know this from experience, so husbands aren't immune to clicker training!:lol: