Shamelessly begging for sympathy and cookies

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Sarah83

Shamelessly begging for sympathy and cookies

Post by Sarah83 »

I have a bloody nose that's 3 times it's normal size, 2 black eyes coming along nicely, a sore mouth and a badly bruised leg and for the first time in 8 years I can honestly say Rupert had absolutely nothing to do with it. I slipped getting into the shower and smashed my face into the side of the bath. My bathroom looks like a scene from a horror movie and I hurt like hell!

It got hubby away from his computer though, he even managed to beat Rupert to me :lol: Not sure what Rupert thinks he can do but if I so much as drop something while in the shower he comes rushing in.

So yeah, I'm feeling all sorry for myself now and am going to curl up with a book and some cake coz I think I deserve some cake for being such a klutz.
thepennywhistle

Re: Shamelessly begging for sympathy and cookies

Post by thepennywhistle »

Oh owie! I'm so sorry to hear about your crash. I know firsthand how much face/nose injuries
hurt, and it's worse than almost anything else on the body! Yes, go curl up and stay quiet,
take care of your self, and I hope you heal quickly.

Oh, and though i'm sure you already know this, the doctors over here insist ice and ibuprofen will
help A LOT in these early stages.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Oh, OUCH!!! :shock: I hate to tell you this, but you'll probably hurt more tomorrow :( My mum once slipped getting out of the shower and wrecked her shoulder. She said the worst thing was that she couldn't wipe her bum without a lot of pain for weeks :roll:

Make sure hubby knows the signs of concussion, just to be on the safe side. Sending cyber cake your way - take it easy, and stay dirty for a while, showering is dangerous!
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

Oh, you poor thing! :( I'm afraid I agree with Judy, tomorrow will probably be worse. Keep popping Advil (ibuprofen) to stay ahead of the pain.

This sounds like a good night for cake, and once you know for sure it's not a concussion, then switch to chocolate and wine. Lots and lots of wine! :D :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Thanks. I can't do Ibuprofen, it gives me terrible stomach pains so if I take anything it will be paracetamol. Ice is good, as is cake. I think my leg is going to be more of a problem than my face, it's painful to walk on now, god knows what it'll be like after a night spent stiffening up!
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

If you have enough cake, you should be able to tolerate the ibuprofen. It could be worth a try, at any rate :wink:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Ari_RR

Post by Ari_RR »

Ouch!!! Yeah, no showers for the near future.
Also - no housework, no doing laundry, no cleaning, no washing dishes... you may actually like it! :lol: :lol:
Feel better!
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

ouch Sarah... Glad your ok. Now, about the story...come on "i was a klutz"...you can do better....

let's see...how about "it was my husband's first day back from a field exercise..." no, that would get too X rated

Ok how about... "there I was, free shaping Rupert to bath him self and a cat walked by..." oh...wait that means poor Rupert gets the blame again, so that's out

hummmm "some Ninja's were after Ruperts food..." well sounds good but doesn't explain how you and the Ninja's ended up in the shower, and trying to do so...well that might get us back in X rated territory.

Oh, wait I know..."Rupert was stuck on the other side of the tub, only way to save him was stripping, swimming across..." oh, wait that's been done already

on second thought...just stick to the klutz story :lol:
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Cake cake cake cake. Have some more cake.

Take arnica for the bruising and speeding the healing.

Offer up a prayer of thanks to the deity who watches over klutzes that your teeth are okay.

Get a nonslip shower mat.

Have a gentle )))))))))))))))))HUG(((((((((((((((( and some more cake.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Huge vats of tea and s ympathy from here, and cookies and cake and whatever else you need, that sounds horribly painful!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

How are you feeling today Sarah? My mum did something similar recently throwing herself up the garage step and blackening her eye, bloody nose etc. She was running around in dark sunglasses for weeks afterwards as she looked like she'd been in a fight 8)
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Ouch - Hope you're feeling ok today )))little hug(((
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Thanks all. I'm feeling rather battered and bruised today, made even worse by the fact I've gone flying over Rupert and banged my head on his crate! I'm considering just staying in bed tomorrow :? I've had lots of tea and lots of cake to make me feel better, I don't think I dare move onto anything alcoholic!

Jacksdad, I think I will stick with the "i'm a klutz" story :lol:
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

probably for the best :lol:

try and take it easy today.