Sometimes I despair

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

minkee

Re: Sometimes I despair

Post by minkee »

Even Scout, who has grown up with 3 cats, visits a house with 4 or 5 others in, and has been used as a playtoy by a basketful of strange kittens will want to bark / chase if a strange cat runs away. It must have been crazy stressful for you at the time, Sarah....

However, as a story, with a bold as brass, soppy as hell cat that wants to make friends, it is rather lovely :D I also love that Pippen made friends with a random garden cat! How sweet.
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

Tell me, Sarah, is this overconfident cat a red cat? Just curious. I've found that if you've
been claimed as friend by a red cat, it's really hard to get through to them that you do not
want their company, and your new friend sounds a bit thick in that department. :lol:

I usually have the opposite problem, with my dogs whining to make friends with the cats,
and the felines backing away with the "Get away, you pervert!" response.
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Was a bit too dark to see properly. I think it was ginger and white. Looked a lot like Mr Bones, the cat who adopted me and became Security Cat at work.
bendog

Post by bendog »

Bens similar with cats as he is with dogs. Bold as brass and barky as hell if they are a safe distance away, or they run. Scared stiff if they stand and fight!

He's met my ex-step-mums cats and ran away, but cats in the garden he will chase, despite being fine with other small animals like rabbits and guinea pigs. I don't think he'd injure a cat though, but I dunno. If it was a cat he knew and had been carefully introduced to then I suspect he's just ignore it like he does the guinea pigs.

There's a cat got stuck in the roof of a neighbours house once. Sash was going mad barking and we didn't know why until we saw the cats feet. It was totally stuck and the neighbours were out and this cat had been missing for 3 days so we prised open the board to create a gap to let it out. It went straight home, but the same cat has also got locked in our garage.

They hang around our garden to spy on the guinea pigs, so it's kind of handy that the dogs chase them off. Though the cats never seem to touch the guinea pigs anyway, just stare at them!